Show me pics of your camp sites!!

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Top Gear is good TV. I think the episode with the caravan holiday was really funny. Dangerous but funny. The TV folk love destroying caravans have you seen Brainiacs they blow one up in every show.
I agree with a lot of the argument about caravans been a pain in the a** when you end up behind one thats struggling up hills and braking every second on the down hill stretches. But in my defence I honestly dont think I cause those problems. It's all down to having the right tow vehicle and a four litre Jeep with induction kit and high lift cam is powerful enough to pull my caravan up any hill with the flow of traffic, and heavy enough to slow it down. I have on occastions beaten cars off from the lights, especially when you know they are in the wrong lane and want the same lane as you and think they can pass by out dragging you at the lights.....Silly people...no chance. I do have an evil streak.
Paul
Ps would I be trailor trash in the States???

Bike
'06 ST1300A
I've got two good ones here from my '04 RideAboot. One is from Long Key, Florida, the tent is less than a bike length from the Atlantic Ocean, the second is from the high prairie in Eastern Colorado. Unfortunately, only the first is on this computer.

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Here's my last camp site, on the way to Santa Ysabel a couple weeks ago. The pad and sleeping bag are on the ground next to the left side of the bike. Picture was taken about 6AM, Sunday, March 9, a few miles west of Salton Sea, CA.

Last edited:
Bike
ST
STOC #
September 1971 on the bank of the Little Tennessee River between the Foothills Pkwy and the "entrance" to the Dragon.
I apologize about the quality but this is a scan of a 110 phot that is over 35 years old.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Here are a couple from northern peninsula in Newfouldland and Labrador from our trip last summer. Beautiful country if you like moose and icebergs! Also a pic of my wife in front of sign for Dildo Run provincial park... No comment :)

Attachments

Bike
ST1300
Here's one of the more than 20 that I've been at during the last five weeks.

It's Big Pine Key at mile marker 33 in the Florida Keys. Very level area, but the Key Deer are a problem. They tend to mess with your gear if they smell food!:confused:

Attachments

patiodadio

Motorcyclist
Bike
ST
This is Chateau de ST camp at the AMA races in camp ground "C" , Barber Motorsports Park this year. We had a fantistic time and met a lot of nice folks.

Attachments

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Here are three from My run to CampSTOC last year.

In a KOA campground in northern Virginia. Killer bunnies every where!

At Cloadland Canyons State Pk in Georgia. Shared a site with Biker George. Thanks Geo!

At Willville Motorcycle Camp in Meadows of Dan, Virginia. Great place!

View attachment 27107

View attachment 27108
Do you bring motorcycle covers with you on your camping trips or are those your rain flies?

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Some of the sites I've camped at in Vermont and New York. The water is Piseco Lake in the Adirondacks...beautiful. The Vermont shots are at Allis State Park near the infamous "floating bridge." (We make BIG caveman TV! :cf1: ).

And those black hands? No, not for a carry permit. No, I wasn't finger painting. No, that's what happens when you ride in soaking rain without waterproof gloves. Took a whole box of powdered handsoap to clean that off. (Better blue gloves on the outside than black hands on the inside.)

Spencer, I don't see your tent. :rolleyes:
HILARIOUS! Wood hauling!

OP
OP
dmulk

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
Do you bring motorcycle covers with you on your camping trips or are those your rain flies?
Those are covers.

THe brown one looks like a Nelson Rigg model.

I carry a Nelson with me. It's nice not sitting on a wet seat in the morning. :)

<D>

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Oh... well, didn't know we were gonna tell stories too... LOL

Okay, here's one where Rick (Trailace) and I were camping in Colorado on our way to Yellowstone. It was dark and we found an RV campground that was just about deserted... pulled in, nice place w/very nice facilities. The site was obviously for RV and we couldn't find a tent-only area so we picked one and pitched our tents behind in the grassy area...

About 2am, the sprinklers went off, I called Rick on his cell and just laughed... Before we hit the sack he mentioned how nice of a night it was and that he might just not put the rainfly on and I said it might get dewy overnight so he probably should...

Anyway, you can see me peeking out of my tent....

He jumped out at the right moment and lodged a rock in the sprinkler to keep it aimed away from us....

You know, in some places that is how they "dispose" of the liquids from a septic system. :puk1:

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Here's one from my Sept. trip. my favorite type: Cornfield Campground, somewhere in west central Indiana:

Sept 2008 144.jpg

A couple hunnert yards off of IN 63. The field on the right (north side) is really wet and brown, the field on the left looked ready to harvest. In between, just fine.

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
Thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to photos of camp sites.
So post up and show us your tents, chairs, etc!

I'll try and find one tonight....I think I have a good one of Finewest from our last trip!

<D>
C'mon Mellow, show us your "chair" :p:

Top Bottom