Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Upgraded to luxury ha! Still packing tent, bag/pad, cot, pee bottle, pillow, beenie, gloves in the camp bag.
everything else is in top box: chair, gerbing, down jackets, rain gear, yeti
right pannier: tire kit/pump/tools, misc stuff, personal kit, clothing
left pannier: stove, gas, slaps, towel, water, food, surprise!,

IMG_2265.jpg

Bike
CBR500R
Summer trip around B.C. around 5000 km's. I carry the tent sleeping bag air mat and other "camp" things in the bag on the seat. My clothes go in one saddle bag and my chair food and kitchen setup go in the other one. The top box is for rain gear and other riding stuff that I may need during the day. When I stop I can get my helmet and jacket in the top box so I don't have to carry them around.IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0543.JPG

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
This was for ROCKSTOC Newfoundland. I have the Ukraine rack, which is perfect to attach my dry bags (that I made and attach to the rack with hook and loop straps). On the left dry bag is my hammock, bike cover and ground sheet walking pole . The right one contains my top quilt, air pad and collapsible table and walking pole. The left pannier holds my tire repair kit and pump, my electric jacket, rain gear and my tie down straps for ferry crossings. My right pannier carries my clothes and toiletries, water bottles as well as my camera equipment. The silver dry bag on the seat is my cooler. In the top box is my stove and cooking equipment, drone, camp chair, extra tarp. The tank bag has the controller for heated gear, electric glove liners, battery packs, maps, sd card carrier, baseball cap, snacks. I was very happy with this arrangement.
The walking poles were part of my larger tarp set-up

Attachments

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
This was for ROCKSTOC Newfoundland. I have the Ukraine rack, which is perfect to attach my dry bags (that I made and attach to the rack with hook and loop straps). On the left dry bag is my hammock, bike cover and ground sheet walking pole . The right one contains my top quilt, air pad and collapsible table and walking pole. The left pannier holds my tire repair kit and pump, my electric jacket, rain gear and my tie down straps for ferry crossings. My right pannier carries my clothes and toiletries, water bottles as well as my camera equipment. The silver dry bag on the seat is my cooler. In the top box is my stove and cooking equipment, drone, camp chair, extra tarp. The tank bag has the controller for heated gear, electric glove liners, battery packs, maps, sd card carrier, baseball cap, snacks. I was very happy with this arrangement.
The walking poles were part of my larger tarp set-up
How do u like that ukraine rack? I like mine a lot!

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
How do u like that ukraine rack? I like mine a lot!
I do like it, though, I’m disappointed to what I had to do to make it fit properly, there was a lot of persuasion with a hammer to line up the mounting brackets and one of the cross braces was welded in the wrong spot that prevented me from opening the latch of the pannier. I also had to reposition the monokey latch for the top box so that it would fit properly.
Removing the panniers with the rack in place is also a challenge. I do have liner bags, that’s a plus when I want to remove the contents of the panniers.
Now that the unit is dialled in, it distributes the weight extremely well and my camping equipment just nestles nicely in the rack. The concept is great.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I do like it, though, I’m disappointed to what I had to do to make it fit properly, there was a lot of persuasion with a hammer to line up the mounting brackets and one of the cross braces was welded in the wrong spot that prevented me from opening the latch of the pannier. I also had to reposition the monokey latch for the top box so that it would fit properly.
Removing the panniers with the rack in place is also a challenge. I do have liner bags, that’s a plus when I want to remove the contents of the panniers.
Now that the unit is dialled in, it distributes the weight extremely well and my camping equipment just nestles nicely in the rack. The concept is great.
Yea there have been a few complaints but mine went on perfectly. When i remove the pans, its handle down and empty. I dont remove them often, luckily.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Now here's a fully loaded out for camping bike (mine on the way to Newfoundland) :biggrin: -

1668789604800.png
I would never load that much stuff on a Honda ST. Are you crazy man? How did you put it up on the center stand?

Well unless it's another Honda 50.

crf50onst1.jpg

At the most a Honda 70 but what you have on there NO way!!!

honda70small.JPG

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I would never load that much stuff on a Honda ST. Are you crazy man? How did you put it up on the center stand?
Getting it on the center stand was a bit of a 'challenge'! :biggrin:
As you know, once you ratchet strap the stuff down, it don't go anywhere.
And besides, it all didn't weigh much more than a pillion of 'grand' size. ;)

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
That top picture looks like the right hand turn at the top of the Mirror Lake Hiway between Kamas, UT and Evanston, WY. I had an 85 V65 too. Loved that bike.
Yes, thank you for letting me relive that. I had to go to the pictures and then use spotwalla for the time stamp. Looks like I ran Rt150, missing data. My Sabre is/was so far my most "fun" bike.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #

Well unless it's another Honda 50.

crf50onst1.jpg

At the most a Honda 70 but what you have on there NO way!!!

honda70small.JPG
That looks like some one I know in seven bays WA. :rofl1:

Top Bottom