Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Bike
2007 ST1300
This is my last bike loaded up for a week long trip from Florida to Michigan a few years back. I pack everything in the soft luggage in garbage bags to keep them dry and I also use the very high tech Zip-Loc waterproofing solution for my GPS and SiriusXM radio.

Loaded Bike.jpg

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Update: I switched bikes last year and also improved my packing ability a little. That's something that is always improving though. Here is how I pack now with my new AK 550. I use dry bags (or float bags for you kayak/canoe owners) for everything that doesn't get packed in waterproof hard luggage. There is about 35-40 L storage under the seat which is my hard luggage compartment. ROK straps for the blue (20 L) bags and again for the yellow (40 L) bag. The net for the white (20 L) bag is for easy quick access to my rain gear, extra riding gear liners and gloves, first aid kit, water bottles, etc. That white bag sits on the end of the luggage rack plate. This stack is also the best rider back rest I've ever had on a bike.

PXL_20220809_232028805.jpg

I got this, my teeny tiny Vango that has been with me for over 20 years and all over the world. From the shores of Lake Superior, to the jungles of Colombia, from Vera Cruz to Valparaiso, up the Popocatapetl, from Denmark to Malta, from the Atlantic coast of France to the border to Russia and it´s still going strong.

Attachments

Bike
06 ST1300
Great pictures and bikes!
My, new to me, '06 has the left saddle bag carrying tools, a few spare parts, bike half cover, raingear. Right side (not loaded yet) carries drip coffee pot, 6 pack size soft cooler, camping basics- towels, rope, single burner stove, fuel, etc. Top trunk for clothes. Pillion- larger drybag has tent, pad, pillow (house basically). Sleeping bag in a drybag, camp chair and table, camp shoes. This photo I bought an extra cheap sleeping bag and nicely lined hooded sweatshirt as it did get down to 35f overnight. No cooking stuff carried, usually buy something on the way back to camp after a fine days ride (Driftless Wisconsin this last trip, end of September).

Attachments

Top Bottom