Show me your Top Box!

Bike
2007 st1300
bike_1234_001.jpg

bike_1234_002.jpg

bike_1234_003.jpg this is the new shad trunk slightly higher quality than the givi and the trunk has a handle, also look at the lght under the trunk doesnot require a connector to the trunk. it does come in black

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
bike_1234_001.jpg

bike_1234_002.jpg

bike_1234_003.jpg this is the new shad trunk slightly higher quality than the givi and the trunk has a handle, also look at the lght under the trunk doesnot require a connector to the trunk. it does come in black
Joe, that looks really nice.. thanks for the pics.. got any links for those interested in getting one?

OP
OP
IlliniST
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
bike_1234_001.jpg

bike_1234_002.jpg

Where did you buy this one? Did you have to modify the plate to get it to work with the ST?

- Jeff

Bike
'07 ST1300
luggage rack is supposed to carry a max of 10 lbs, but I think my Givi weighs that much empty!!!! My Boss stereo that I stuck inside through a hole I cut from the seat side, weighs a few pounds too, and takes up some space but, I love it, it still can carry a lot of my stuff ..... uh, I hear the extra weight of a loaded top box makes it easier to pop wheelies??? !!!! too chicken to try myself....... worried I'll bend the front forks slamming it back down, maybe I should get some fork braces.....

speaking of color- Givi did a good job of matching the digital silver of my '07, I'm sure their black will match fine too.......

Attachments

Bike
'07 ST1300
hey that SHAD box is nice!!! I have had a little problem with the brake light connection on my Givi, turned out to be a loose connection - a set screw in the connection housing in the mounting bracket had come loose, so it's a nice idea to have the light seperate from the box for a more reliable light, and probably nicer to carry as luggage, if you ever use it that way. Personally, I leave it on the bike and use a liner/bag.

Last edited:
Bike
2017 BMW R1200GSA
Does anyone have a color matched top box for the 2008 dark candy red ST? If so, can you post a picture and state the make and model of the top box.

By now you have probably already purchased it. I just received my E52 in Silver and mounted it. I just wanted to throw in something useful for anyone buying one since the mounting diagram for the 215 mounting plate looks like a nightmare. What I am providing is not in the instructions and might speed the install.
1. Take out the stock mounting bolts and nuts; you won't use them again. To get to the nuts closest to the seat, you have to take the seat off and reach up under the stock mount with a 13mm wrench.
2. The 4 large bolts with 13mm nuts replace the stock mounting bolts. I had to use 3 additional washers to shim each of the 2 rear bolts and get the mount to fit tight. 1 by the head of the bolt and 2 by the nut so you can get a wrench on it.
3. To secure the large top mounting plate use one washer by the bolt head and one underneath. A different size allen wrench is needed.
4. Make sure the notch in the rear locking device is pointed toward the front of the bike. A smaller allen wrench is required.
It took me about an hour being very careful not to lose any parts down the innards.
Hope this helps somebody else out. I studied the diagram for about 30 minutes and separated the parts before I got started and this should make it quicker for somebody else. Good luck.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Does anyone have a color matched top box for the 2008 dark candy red ST? If so, can you post a picture and state the make and model of the top box.
Here's Finalchecker's bike during the recent TechSTOC in Texas

If I had an ST13 (and the cash) I'd go for the hondaline trunk.

The givis are great and worth the money if you want to pay for it

The JCW trunks are cheap and you get what you pay for

a good compromise is the GIVI economy trunks. The E45 is only about $150 new, they only come in flat black but they will hold two helmets. The N model is $15 more and for it you get internal retention straps and a little document holder in the trunk.

patiodadio

Motorcyclist
Bike
ST
I was lucky and found a used Honda top case just before I got a Givi :)
I had a Givi on the Connie and liked it very well. But the Honda top case just seems to match the ST so well. I am glad I got it.
top case.jpg

Top Bottom