Show us your Dual Sport!

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
By the way, I think I cured the front end sliding out in the turns when on dirt.
Gas or back brake, gas or back brake, no coastie- no coastie... slide and lean way forward, weight that skinny tire down and dig the knobs in, brake or gas, she stick. Enough gas, enough brake, the back slide good, then the front sliding no matter. The front she tries to go away, gas it maybe dab a foot. (Mumblings from Aliens in the outback)

Lower pressure more stick, but watch it if it's real rocky then, just so whamming the rocks doesn't give you a flat.

Nice bikes all.

Last edited:
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Nice shots Byron.

BTW: Your chain is lose.... ;)

<D>
Loose better than tight!!! Mine came of the factory line much too tight and I have talked with many guys on the road and in shops, and the consensus is that most chains are too tight.

fredz43

Fred Z
STOC #
Here is my 08 KLR, taken on a 1500 mile trip to the TN/NC area. My second KLR (first was a 92) and I love it. I got my 08 ST1300ABS at the end of January and it has 3200 miles on it. Got my 08 KLR at the end of May and I have 4300 miles on it. Great fun in the dirt, magic on twisty backroads and I even did 500 miles of superslab when I had to get back from one of my trips. Dual sport touring is a blast.

BTW, the 08 KLR is a big improvement over the older model, IMHO. Most fun bike I have had in over 40 years of riding.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Fred My records show you are not a member of the KLRST Club. Send me you Info and I will assign you a club#: Name, Location STOC# if any, model years ST & KLR. By the way here is a pic of my KLR touring.

Bike
st1300
STOC #
My New Dual Sport.

An Almost new (300 Miles) 605 ATK.

This is really an amazing bike. Made in the USA, Street legal, factory equipped with a long list of awesome parts

Rotax Motor
Massive Paioli Forks
Ohlins Rear shock
Talon Hubs with monster size spokes
Brembo brakes, steel braid lines.
Protaper bars

Rebuilt the Dellorto carb this weekend, put in a new battery & it runs like a champ. Flew it it across the desert after work tonight.... Hoooboy, this bike is fun.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The ST1100 does dirt just fine _and_ handles getting there, too. So far, none of the dirt bikes do it for me. KLR, too big for real dirt duty, Suz DRZ 400 too small for the long haul. ST, just right.

Bike
st1300
STOC #
Is ATK out of business? It looks like it could be a really good and enjoyable machine.

I also Found another good parts supply for ATK & Rotax. American Dirt Bikes Inc. has lots of engine & maint parts. including new tank decals for my 605 Enduro. Biggest draw back I have found is no desert fuel tanks available. Looks like I will have to do some custom fab if I want to haul extra fuel.

Looks like a guy in PHX did this clean set up.

so much for me adding a picture... * here * is the web site though.

Heres a picture of my "dirtwing" DR around the Southern Utah area this past week. We did almost 1700 miles of both Hiway and Dirt roads.

I make most of the accessories that have been added to this bike.

Thanks Tom

Attachments

Bike
04 ST1300
Here's a shot of my KLR650 on the Ouray side of Imogene Pass on a cool rock outcropping. I also have a pic of my '74 Wagoneer on this rock.

Here I am with it loaded down on our September trip through the Colorado mountains. We did about 800 miles, 500 of it on dirt. I have a thread on the KLR650 site here:

http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53090

I also have a few youtube videos posted, same username as here.

Last edited:
STOC #
Heres a picture of my "dirtwing" DR around the Southern Utah area this past week. We did almost 1700 miles of both Hiway and Dirt roads.

I make most of the accessories that have been added to this bike.

Thanks Tom

BTW: Tom, I just put your rack on my 2001 BMW F650GSA. Your's was the only company that I could buy a rear rack from that could be made to work with the factory bags and mounts.

I had to fabricate mounting posts so the rack would work with the factory BMW Bags, but I was able to get a good fit. Ended up using a M8x1.25x50mm Button head bolt with 3x1/4" washers which are retained on the bolt with a 5/16th Palnut push nut as a retainer. The hardware store by my house didn't have any M8x1.25 backnuts, thin nut, so I bought a standard and cut it down on my mill to 1/8th inch thick using my fly cutter.

You have my permission to use my pictures and solution in your product documentation and literature without citing me or the source. I surrender copywrite of the attached pictures and intellectual property to TurboCity.

Attachments

Last edited:
BTW: Tom, I just put your rack on my 2001 BMW F650GSA. Your's was the only company that I could buy a rear rack from that could be made to work with the factory bags and mounts.

I had to fabricate mounting posts so the rack would work with the factory BMW Bags, but I was able to get a good fit. Ended up using a M8x1.25x50mm Button head bolt with 3x1/4" washers which are retained on the bolt with a 5/16th Palnut push nut as a retainer. The hardware store by my house didn't have any M8x1.25 backnuts, thin nut, so I bought a standard and cut it down on my mill to 1/8th inch thick using my fly cutter.

You have my permission to use my pictures and solution in your product documentation and literature without citing me or the source. I surrender copywrite of the attached pictures and intellectual property to TurboCity.

Thanks, that is good information to know. BTW, it was not planned that way, I just got lucky this time.

Tom

Top Bottom