Article [13] ST1300 - TupperWare Worksheet

I can only echo the ST owners that have posted before me. Thanks for the guide, I think that even I can strip my ST and get the pieces back together again. Good work!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
This guide is amazing!

I found this thread looking for take-apart instructions, and it will be a HUGE help. And I can't believe the reach of this forum, across borders and ponds.

Many, many thanks!

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Where was this idea a decade ago? I swear that none of my plastic pins are in the proper place any more.

Bike
03 ST1300
Re: TupperWare Worksheet

Initially my thought was "oh great, another farkle idea". My next thought was to turn on the printer.
I like folks who have too much time on their hands, it saves my time. Thx

Bike
2005 ST1300 ABS
awesome!!!........just removed my tupperware from my 2005 st1300....placed hardware for each plastic piece in a separate paper cup, but had some concerns about the trim clips as they appear to be 2 types...............I've got a coolant leak and I'm hoping it's from the pump cover gasket being bad......a buddy of mine is a good mechanic..I'll let him take a look at it.....thanks again
Mark

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
awesome!!!........just removed my tupperware from my 2005 st1300....placed hardware for each plastic piece is a separate paper cup, but had some concerns about the trim clips as they appear to be 2 types...............I've got a coolant leak and I'm hoping it's from the pump cover gasket being bad......a buddy of mine is a good mechanic..I'll let him take a look at it.....thanks again
Mark
Your leak may just be coolant hose clamps.. many times that's it... tighten those a little. Cold weather always uncovers these as parts expand and contract.

Bike
2005 ST1300 ABS
thanks for the response.....I checked and see coolant appearing around the water pump cover gasket...also, there is a small hole on the right side (from the rider's view) that appears to be leaking.....I'm concerned that this might be a mechanical seal issue...is that possible??...thanks for getting back to me...
Mark

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
thanks for the response.....I checked and see coolant appearing around the water pump cover gasket...also, there is a small hole on the right side (from the rider's view) that appears to be leaking.....I'm concerned that this might be a mechanical seal issue...is that possible??...thanks for getting back to me...
Mark
It's possible it's the mechanical seal however the manual now states some seepage from that ROUND weep hole is normal.. My 08 has a couple drop now.

If it's around the cover, it might still be a hose leak and is working it's way through all the gaps. Just something to look for.

MarxMyth

Wannabe
I had my ST as garage art for too long as I dreaded the idea of buttoning it up. I used the sheets and they were priceless. Thank you for taking the worry out of this procedure. Happy New Year.

Top Bottom