Stuff Stopper fender Extender

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I got mine the other day through motorcyle larry. Where is the best place to find black ABS glue? Is this something you can pick up at Home Depot or Lowes?
ABS Solvent cement for ABS plumbing pipe available at Home Depot or Lowes etc. Black would be good, not available in all areas, any color will work.

Any hardware, auto parts store should have it. Along with HD & Lowes.

Takes over night to harden.
Actually proper ABS cement will set in 15 -20 minutes ,a couple of hours and the fender can be re-installed. That being said, I prefer to let them sit overnight and then install a bead of black silicone on the inside seam to finish it off.

I used Goop. Worked great.
Posted via Mobile Device
I do NOT recommend the use of Goop. It will not bond the plastic properly like ABS solvent cement will, which actually melts the plastic together like a chemical weld.
Glues like the Goop only adhere to the surface of the plastic and one day will fail and the extender will be gone.

I am scraching my head, wondering what you all are doing with the stuff stopper,bieng from Africa and considering our unpaved road conditions, every time i went out for a ride i need to wash the bike due to muddy stuff covering the lower cowls, but i always assume the developed world have nice paved roads and no need for fenda extenders , especially considering the ST is not an off road bike.
The STuff STopper fender extender is really useful in protecting the radiator as well as the lower bodyworks paint. Any type of roads can cause a problem.

Larry.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have one of these now... very nice... much better than the previous version that used to be our only option. Thanks Larry!

Bike
2006 ST1300A
STOC #
Stuff Stopper fender Extender and wheel chock?

I'm just one of the satisfied customers of the "Stuff Stopper" and I have a question for other Stuff Stopper owners:

I purchased a 5'x10' utility trailer with 15" wheels for around the house use and to trailer my bike(s) for those times when she needs to ride instead of roll.

Back to the question; I'm looking for a front wheel chock for my trailer that will accommodate the "Stuff Stopper?"

Do any of you use a chock that will work (name brand and model number) with the Stuff Stopper?

I have PM'd the Blue One, but he did not know of any brands other than the one he improved to fit his needs.

Macedo

Bike
2008 ST1300
Alternative clamping method for attaching StuffStopper

Just finished fitting two StuffStoppers - thanks Larry (Blue Boy) really well made product, fits extremly well where there is little room for error.

I was unable to find a clamp to clamp the StuffStopper to the middle of the fender as recommended by Larry (see attached photo red fender).

Most households will have some bungee cords and the odd lump of wood.

I bungeed the fender to my weight bench which was handy and supported the fender without scratching the paint - any similar approach would do.

By slipping a length of wood under the bungee a clamp is created - adjust the bungee tension to vary the clamping pressure (to much pressure and the fender will distort more than the fender support can handle)

The clamp actually does a great job of pressing the joint together and at the same time drawing the StuffStopper into the locating shoulder moulded into it.

Attachments

Avtrician

Where is the best place to find black ABS glue?
I couldnt find any ABS cement in the hardware stores here in West Oz, so I used RTV Silicon instead. It took about 24 Hrs to cure properly but hasnt moved in the 2 years that it has been fitted. I put masking tape on the areas that I didnt want the silicon to stick.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I installed the fenda extenda because my wheel chock "will not" work the lower Stuff Stopper, made by the same guy.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I have one and was wondering if I can use a motorcycle stand with it, see attached.

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97841.html
That stand should work with no problems

I am wondering the same thing
Should work

I installed the fenda extenda because my wheel chock "will not" work the lower Stuff Stopper, made by the same guy.
Obviously some wheel chocks may hit. Did you try this or are you only guessing it "will not" work ?

The fenda extenda is made by pyramid plastics, the Stuff Stopper is made by me. Not the same guy :)

Larry.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Sorry about that---I have been mislead and misinformed. My wheel chock barely clears the fender extender.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Alternative clamping method for attaching StuffStopper

Just finished fitting two StuffStoppers - thanks Larry (Blue Boy) really well made product, fits extremly well where there is little room for error.

I was unable to find a clamp to clamp the StuffStopper to the middle of the fender as recommended by Larry (see attached photo red fender).

Most households will have some bungee cords and the odd lump of wood.

I bungeed the fender to my weight bench which was handy and supported the fender without scratching the paint - any similar approach would do.

By slipping a length of wood under the bungee a clamp is created - adjust the bungee tension to vary the clamping pressure (to much pressure and the fender will distort more than the fender support can handle)

The clamp actually does a great job of pressing the joint together and at the same time drawing the StuffStopper into the locating shoulder moulded into it.

Very imaginative and it works.

Looks good.

Larry.

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hmmm interesting, it reminds me of what I did to my 2005 KLX 250S Dual Sport bike back in 2006. And actually I got the idea from my old Hodaka 125 enduro back in the day. How much is the fender extender? I didn't have time to read all of the information. Seems only fitting that I should do this to the Honda. :)

c9ce_12.jpg

100_5152small.jpg

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Hmmm interesting, it reminds me of what I did to my 2005 KLX 250S Dual Sport bike back in 2006. And actually I got the idea from my old Hodaka 125 enduro back in the day. How much is the fender extender? I didn't have time to read all of the information. Seems only fitting that I should do this to the Honda. :)

c9ce_12.jpg

100_5152small.jpg

The cost is $45 US which includes mailing to your address.

PM me for Paypal info.

Larry.

Top Bottom