The New Goldwing

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Gug said:
2 Tours A Blue Manual and Red DCT
Great! I wonder if Honda is starting East and working their way West or if my dealers are lagging/lacking.

My buddy and I would be willing to take a ride to demo one but MI is a little far. Maybe a day ride.

Bike
ST1300
The local dealer, Al Lamb's Honda, said they will host a demo day in February. Not looking to buy but I might take one for a spin.

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
Great! I wonder if Honda is starting East and working their way West or if my dealers are lagging/lacking.

My buddy and I would be willing to take a ride to demo one but MI is a little far. Maybe a day ride.
This dealer is a 5 star dealer, meaning they sell Honda exclusively. Or at least that is what I understood from them.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Gug said:
This dealer is a 5 star dealer, meaning they sell Honda exclusively. Or at least that is what I understood from them.
I can see where that would make a difference. The clueless dealer near me is a multi-brand dealer and tried to sell me my 2010 (in 2011) ST for $22,000.

'There's some wiggle room.' :rofl1:

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Wifey and I sat on one today. She fell in love and has been after me all afternoon to get one. The dealer has a demo coming and we are going to ride it. I liked it a lot, however it's probably not in the grand scheme right at this moment. Maybe in a couple years when some slightly broken in ones become available. Very impressed.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wifey and I sat on one today. She fell in love and has been after me all afternoon to get one. The dealer has a demo coming and we are going to ride it. I liked it a lot, however it's probably not in the grand scheme right at this moment. Maybe in a couple years when some slightly broken in ones become available. Very impressed.
Chuck,

In my house our usual husband and wife roles were reversed last Friday when I brought one [demo] home to show Brenda. She was asking me how much and could we and I was saying no, not now. She will love it when you guys ride one.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Has anyone else seen the Goldwing TV ads? One of the ads shows the bike 2 up, on a "spirited" ride, through some twisty roads. Another one of the ads shows a young wife handing the keys to the husband and saying "Happy Birthday".

Ride Safe
John

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Sat on one at the dealer yesterday. Bike felt a little bigger then my ST. Love the body lines though. To me it looks more like an ST. I believe Honda has winner though!!!

Bike
2007 ST1300
Sat on one at the dealer yesterday. Bike felt a little bigger then my ST. Love the body lines though. To me it looks more like an ST. I believe Honda has winner though!!!
JCB- How was the seat height compared to the ST?
Do you know if it has the adjustable seat height like the ST?
I read where it is narrow towards the front which would make it better for the shorter riders.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Has anyone else seen the Goldwing TV ads?
Not me. Just checked YT hoping they'd be posted there but as yet no joy.

I believe Honda has winner though!!!
Me too. And it may make DCT a motorcycle-household 'word'.

Intersting question. Has any GW had an adjustable seat height? My GW buddy has never mentioned it about is '05.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
That woman is definitely a keeper!
I have to agree. However, it's usually "go ahead" and we all know what that means.:rolleyes: This time was different.

Chuck,

In my house our usual husband and wife roles were reversed last Friday when I brought one [demo] home to show Brenda. She was asking me how much and could we and I was saying no, not now. She will love it when you guys ride one.
Did Brenda ride with you or just look? Linda is pushing for before BRG. However, replacing her car would be the more responsible thing to do right now.

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
JCB- How was the seat height compared to the ST?
I read where it is narrow towards the front which would make it better for the shorter riders.
The seat is not adjustable. Seat felt fine and I'm sure you'll be able to touch. Yes the seat is narrower in the front. Check out your local Honda dealer and take your check book with you!!!

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have to agree. However, it's usually "go ahead" and we all know what that means.:rolleyes: This time was different.

Did Brenda ride with you or just look? Linda is pushing for before BRG. However, replacing her car would be the more responsible thing to do right now.
The dealer asked me to return the bike in 30 minutes or so. Agonizing decision.... should I stick to my original plan to ride a few interstate miles to some twisty roads or take the 30 minutes and then some to ride the bike home and show it to Brenda? Option two had the best long term outcome so I headed for the house. I called on the Sena and she was at a nearby CVS. We met there and rode around the neighborhood a few minutes.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Chuck,

Which model did you get to test ride?
What are your thoughts?

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
DCT Tour.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?162195-Pros-and-Cons-of-DCT-vs-manual/page3 and post #46.

I rode the bike so little I can't post about features or riding situations I did not explore or experience. What I did experience was awesome and if I cleaned out the entire garage - three bikes and a Miata - I might not have too much buyer's remorse or damage to my impending retirement quality of life. As it calculates now I'm not a buyer but maybe in a year or three.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
JCB said:
Check out your local Honda dealer and take your check book with you!!!
That's exactly what I'm wouldn't do. Well at least the last part. I don't have room for it (barely for the ST!) but in a moment of overwhelming lust I could be tempted to get it home then figure out were to park it!

Top Bottom