Tracer 900 GT

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
That's telling 'em Tom!!! One chain on the VFR lasted over 60K miles. Another lasted only 45K, only because I was lazy and didn't want to stop on the way home from Moonshine to add oil to the chain oiler. Generally they only get adjusted twice during that time--and I might, maybe look at the adjustment from time to time....

What is this chain noise they speak of??? Never heard it on mine. And yeah, I have a few touring miles on them. And plan on putting more on.
Can anything make more noise that those old Pilot Roads?

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Wouldn't expect to change anyone's mind who would join a discussion on the side of a Goldwing being a sport tourer :rofl1:; but I would probably revoke your glass "half-full" membership card.

Tom
You need to talk with Lani Mixon. She had Goldwingers figured out when she was 10.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I was afraid you’d see this someday. [emoji1785]

I really did like riding it though! [emoji3]

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I'm going to ride one of these beauties.
Somebody else bought a Tracer. Not me. I can’t even find one around me to test ride.
Paul your next.
Yeah, I think I know who... he just let the cat out of the bag on another site. ;)

Looking forward to his review on it.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I'm seriously loving my Tracer, even though it has a few things to be addressed. -- I put a Madstad screen on. I love it!
I've also installed a Madstad windshield, along with an Elka Stage 5 rear shock and Russell seat on my '15 FJ09. These farkles have taken what was already a good bike and made it even better. Would like to spiff up the forks and add cruise, but those will likely have to wait until next winter.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'm still considering a seat from Terry Adcox..But will wait for my NatSTOC trip.. I typically do a 500, 600 and 800 mile day during that time so if I'm crying after that last 800 mile day... then I'll get on the list.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
You better get on his list now if you want it this year. He was booked up until July when I got a reply from him the end of February or first of March. Probably another Sargent for my BMW if I do anything.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Sounds like the US of A get a better deal from Yamaha than us poor right siders.
It's about the same price in £'s over here, so add about 30% to your price if you were to buy one here.
And yes, they're lovely. But probably no good for two up touring.
You're going to buy one aren't you, and I'm going to be envious aren't I?
Upt'North.
It does take some engineering to move the controls to the right/

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You better get on his list now if you want it this year. He was booked up until July when I got a reply from him the end of February or first of March. Probably another Sargent for my BMW if I do anything.
I'm in no hurry. The stock seat is surprisingly good. I've gotten a little uncomfortable on it towards the end of the day but nothing like the torture chamber the v-strom stock seat was.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Got on his list for mid Sept.. I figure it's an affordable option and should be great... will review when I finally get it done.
It does take some engineering to move the controls to the right/
Well, initial thoughts?

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Got on his list for mid Sept.. I figure it's an affordable option and should be great... will review when I finally get it done.

Well, initial thoughts?
Haven't seen it yet. Damned flu. Luckily, hit New Enough before and got new riding gear. Soon....I hope.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I'm in no hurry. The stock seat is surprisingly good. I've gotten a little uncomfortable on it towards the end of the day but nothing like the torture chamber the v-strom stock seat was.
I wish Corbin would come out with a solo saddle. My backside was always happy on one of those leather covered planks and the Close model they do make for the Tracer is too small. Note to self...Patience, Grasshopper.

Top Bottom