OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Also got rid of the OEM straps inside the saddlebags, they're kind of awkward. Using small bungie cords.
IMG_20181123_165235.jpg

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I notice that the 2019 GT comes with FJR bags. :thumb:
Actually, they are smaller than the FJR bags, the difference being the lids.. You can put FJR bags on them if you want or find just the FJR lids and re-rivet them on.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
@paulcb

I think this guy is talking to YOU.
Yeah, he pretty much is, but I thought he was going to pull over and ask that Tracer to marry him... he was a little to dramatic on everything, especially on a first date! Nice review though, just wish these bike reviewers would at least find out a little about the bike before going live with a review. Many I've seen just hop on, ride and talk without doing any research.

Thanks for posting Joe... like I really needed to see another great review on this bike! ;)

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
As someone that owns it and now knows all about it now, maybe you should do a video review.
He did a pretty good job... all his comments are on point. There are some vibes in the bars and foot pegs but nothing excessive IMO.. Some put Super Tenere pegs on the Tracer as they have a thick cushion/pad but I haven't tried that yet. Not sure if I will as it's just not what I would call bad.

He's right about the A mode and it does want you to go do something bad.

I don't think I could do a bike review, I like them all for the most part and it always takes a few tweaks here and there to put them into touring mode for ME and then thousands of miles before I feel like I know the bike.. by then, the next version of the bike is out.. lol

I like the bike enough that I will probably sell the Tenere... got on it the other day and it felt like a WWII tank.. lol

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I like the bike enough that I will probably sell the Tenere... got on it the other day and it felt like a WWII tank.. lol
Interesting. I rode Jeff's Tenere for a while earlier this year and really liked it, except it sounded like a bucket of bolts at idle. How do you compare the seating/ergos between the two? One better than the other or just different?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I was watching the FJ-09 (the Tracer's predecessor) for a couple years before ending up with my RT. I've since stopped 'keeping up' with Yammie and the FJ-09/Tracer. Has Yammie put cruise and heated grips on it?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Interesting. I rode Jeff's Tenere for a while earlier this year and really liked it, except it sounded like a bucket of bolts at idle. How do you compare the seating/ergos between the two? One better than the other or just different?
you have a bit more forward lean on the tracer... but, the '14 Tenere for me has better ergos than the pre-14... not sure which Jeff has.. The Tenere is more comfortable at the moment but it has a Laam seat so that's a big part of the comfort.. I think I can tour just as far on the Tracer.. but, I've yet to prove that to myself. Of course, for any current or previous ST Owner... just about any bike's range is never enough, with the exception of the GS Adventure and Moto Guzzi Stelvio tanks... but, maybe stopping every 180-ish miles helps with the ergos.. lol My Tenere is at the 200 mark so not a huge difference.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I was watching the FJ-09 (the Tracer's predecessor) for a couple years before ending up with my RT. I've since stopped 'keeping up' with Yammie and the FJ-09/Tracer. Has Yammie put cruise and heated grips on it?
Yes sir...

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Good for Yammie!

I hear most everyone loves that engine, while also hating having to make valve shim changes due to having to half-disassemble the bike. Did they solve that disassembly headache with the Tracer?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Good for Yammie!

I hear most everyone loves that engine, while also hating having to make valve shim changes due to having to half-disassemble the bike. Did they solve that disassembly headache with the Tracer?
Not sure... but the Super Tenere valve check is no fun either.. They did increase the interval I think to the same as the Sup Ten.. 24k I think. I'll worry about that when the time comes. The engine is butter smooth and I rode the bike for a while before I even noticed the slipper clutch when I was down shifting.. it's never a harsh downshift/slowdown even if you run it to 2nd gear... pretty sweet.. the quick shifter is nice as well .. lots of little things that all add up to a fun bike. I haven't noticed it jittery in dirty air but it is lighter so the wind will affect it more.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I rode Jeff's Tenere for a while earlier this year and really liked it, except it sounded like a bucket of bolts at idle.
Sounds like the pre-14 with the old clutch basket.
I'm seriously loving my Tracer, even though it has a few things to be addressed. I do notice a bit of vibration in the pegs and bars. More noticable to me in the pegs, but nothing too annoying. The windshield should be either 1/2 the size, or twice the size that it is. I put a Madstad screen on. I love it!
You NEED this, Paul!

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Need is such a strong word... but you're right, I do!

Darth rider

Site Supporter
Bike
BMW K1600 GT
Sounds like Paul is going to be joining you guys before long. I’ll be watching the “for sell” portion for a 1100 soon.....

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sounds like the pre-14 with the old clutch basket.
Jeff has a '14 Tenere... so has the rubber clutch dampeners vs the pre-14 spring dampeners. It's just the say the Super Ten sounds.. you get used to it and it's just the bike's character, just like the ST sounds like a sewing machine and the Wing sounds like... well.. nothing.. lol..

Top Bottom