Ugh! Health issues. Bladder cancer not yet resolved.

Bike
05 ST1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
Praying for the best. I had prostate cancer shortly after retiring. Robotic surgery and no chemo or radiation. Still clear of cancer and it's been 12 years. Good luck.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Robotic surgery has left me with things, ah, ...a little unsettled still.
Weird, and annoying. Been about 6 weeks.
An older friend of mine had bladder cancer of an advanced, aggressive nature but he's been cancer free for about 10 years. Not sure all of the machinations, but pretty sure chemo was involved.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Last news: bladder seems to be okay. Major diet changes as a result of the ulcer. Stocking up on iron to get my RBC count back to normal. No caffeine and no sugar in the meantime. Doc says one point on the Hemoglobin takes about a month so I have 5 months to go. All else is okay.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Thanks for the kind thoughts, John. All is good at The CattHouse. Still undergoing bladder treatments, all routine now. Regular visits to the Urologist in Henderson, NV.

How are you?

I try to get each moto out once a week, weather permitting. It was 65 here yesterday so spring is upon us.

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Hang in there buddy.Put your trust in the health care professionals.Be your own advocate;don’t let anything fall through the cracks.
Lots of good folks out there .

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
All is good at The CattHouse
Thanks for the update, George. Good news. Wishing you continuing good health.
How are you?
OK now. Just about back to my “normal” after another trip to the ER (morphine, fentanyl, finally ketamine) in Jan for my lousy back. Lotta Percocet after. Seems finally getting the ole steroid injection a couple of weeks ago has done the trick again (5th? time in 30 years). Whew!

John

Last edited:
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I have lower-back pain that is centered in bumps on each side that feel like fingers under the skin. Years ago, I got hydrocortisone shots in the bumps.

I was told it should take one to two weeks to start working, and should last between a month and forever. I was unable to walk for the first ten days.

It ended up providing relief for about eighteen months. I am considering getting them again, unless there is something new out that works better.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
I have lower-back pain that is centered in bumps on each side that feel like fingers under the skin. Years ago, I got hydrocortisone shots in the bumps.

I was told it should take one to two weeks to start working, and should last between a month and forever. I was unable to walk for the first ten days.

It ended up providing relief for about eighteen months. I am considering getting them again, unless there is something new out that works better.

just starting to have lower back pain. usually comes on after lifting something while bent over ( dragging generator around comes to mind ). doctor said today that I have mild osteoarthritis. (Dam was hoping to avoid that!) Takes a few days before it clears up! Let us know what works.

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Just came across this article about the bladder cancer treatment developed here in Iowa. This is the treatment I went through. Can also be helpful if the bladder cancer comes back (mine hasn't yet, but have to keep looking).m I'm not surprised the VA didn't offer it as it is still new and may only be offered in research institutions, but it should soon become widespread.

Attachments

Top Bottom