Well it happened. Went Down today

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Wow. As Keith said earlier, I'm sorry you were hurt at all but glad your injuries are relatively minor in the general scheme of things.
Heal up quickly!

Patty

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear this! After getting knocked off my 2010 three months ago, I know the feeling!

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Hoping for a speedy, and relatively pain free, recovery! There but for the grace of luck, timing and position, go I...

jrp

Bike
ST1100AW
STOC #
Sorry to read about your accident. Glad your injuries aren’t life threatening.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Like the others, I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm glad you weren't hurt worse!

Have you considered an air bag vest? It wouldn't do anything for the sprained ankle, but it might've prevented the cracked ribs.

Chris

Sitting in my local ER feeling thankful (and hopeful, as still awaiting some CT results) that I don't have anything more major than a couple cracked ribs, sprained ankle, bruised hip, and very minor road rash.

Taking advantage of a beautiful 57 degree day here out on some of our great back road blacktops when I came upon a Bobcat skidsteer, I went to pass and he turned right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard but still thinking I was in okay shape for avoiding disaster, when the front end locked (non-abs 2007) and down I went on my right side.

Banged up the bike pretty good, but was able, with the help of a good Samaritan (not the skid steer operator, he made his turn and kept on going), to upright the bike and drive 20 miles back to my house and have my wife take me to the ER where I currently sit.

All things considered, feeling pretty fortunate. Asking for some healing prayers.

ST Hawk
Heal fast my friend.

Bike
GL1800
Sitting in my local ER feeling thankful (and hopeful, as still awaiting some CT results) that I don't have anything more major than a couple cracked ribs, sprained ankle, bruised hip, and very minor road rash.

Taking advantage of a beautiful 57 degree day here out on some of our great back road blacktops when I came upon a Bobcat skidsteer, I went to pass and he turned right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard but still thinking I was in okay shape for avoiding disaster, when the front end locked (non-abs 2007) and down I went on my right side.

Banged up the bike pretty good, but was able, with the help of a good Samaritan (not the skid steer operator, he made his turn and kept on going), to upright the bike and drive 20 miles back to my house and have my wife take me to the ER where I currently sit.

All things considered, feeling pretty fortunate. Asking for some healing prayers.

ST Hawk
Prayers for quick healing

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
Thank you for your post STHawk and I'm sure glad your will be okay.
As a result of your post, discussion that has followed around overtaking farm equipment and the like is a very valuable reminder to me (and all) and the need to be super cautious and vigilant, so thank you very much.
I wish you well and hope you will be back on your ST soon.
D

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Sorry for your misfortune and hope you have a quick recovery in time for when the weather really gets better. Thanks for sharing your learning experience!

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
STHawk...any updates? Don't think we have gotten a report since you got out of the hospital.

OP
OP
STHawk
Bike
2007 ST1300
STHawk...any updates? Don't think we have gotten a report since you got out of the hospital.
Sorry, yes just resting at home, taken the last few days off from work - thinking about heading into the office for at least a few hours to show my face at let them know I'm still alive .

Final results were a couple of broken ribs, bruised hip, sprained ankle, and some minor road rash.

Everything but the ribs are healing quickly and well - I'm sure the ribs are healing okay too, it's just harder to tell

I can get around without crutches today, so that's definitely good progress.

Thanks to everyone for their responses, I appreciate all the positive feedback!

Insurance should be looking at the bike tomorrow or Friday, I haven't even checked it out since I drove it home Saturday.

STHawk

Top Bottom