Well it happened. Went Down today

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
good deal. just dont develop a cough, or watch a bunch of comedies.

Bike
2002 -ST1100
Sitting in my local ER feeling thankful (and hopeful, as still awaiting some CT results) that I don't have anything more major than a couple cracked ribs, sprained ankle, bruised hip, and very minor road rash.

Taking advantage of a beautiful 57 degree day here out on some of our great back road blacktops when I came upon a Bobcat skidsteer, I went to pass and he turned right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard but still thinking I was in okay shape for avoiding disaster, when the front end locked (non-abs 2007) and down I went on my right side.

Banged up the bike pretty good, but was able, with the help of a good Samaritan (not the skid steer operator, he made his turn and kept on going), to upright the bike and drive 20 miles back to my house and have my wife take me to the ER where I currently sit.

All things considered, feeling pretty fortunate. Asking for some healing prayers.

ST Hawk
Hope you get well soon. Rode dirt bikes all my life and decided to hit the streets a couple years ago with a V star .Sold it and took a year break and just bought a 2002 ST1100. Took it home and drives smooth as silk....That being said you very well gave me insight which I never had.Thanks you may have saved my life and many others for posting.Hate that this to you though .

Top Bottom