What does your nickname stand for?

Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
STOC #
moto because I love motorcycles, and before I was married I did a lot of wandering around, hence vagabond. Still don't like staying settled in one spot for to long, but somehow I manage.

Bike
2021 Honda Goldwing
Don't think I've replied to this question, but before buying my ST in 2010, I watched several YouTube reviews on sport tourers, and one of them (from someone who ended up buying an FJR) referred to the sound of the ST of being just like George Jetson's flying saucer .. Still love (and miss) that sound.

Bike
Honda ST1100 (2001)
My name, but with a 0 instead of o and 3 instead of e - the minimum number of substitutions I had to make to my name to find an available blog name, back in 2007. I then signed up for twitter, facebook, purchased the domain - the nickname stuck. If you stick krist0ph3r into any search engine, you only get stuff I've written (and occasionally, stuff written about me) :D

Last edited:

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
My first trip to Europe was backpacking in 1973, mainly trains and hitchhiking. Half way through my 6-month trip I purchased a 5-speed 50cc moped in southern Spain. Eventually rode it up through France and Switzerland, up to Munich, over to Paris, Normandy and gave it to a young man in London.

Back then there were no cell phones and hardly any phone service even from hotels. Had to go to the local phone service building in town. My first 1/2 hour call to home cost me close to $100. Thereafter I stayed in touch mostly by writing to my family. I used to sign my letters and posts cards "Moto-Charlie"

I've used that name since I started my Alps tour business 22 years ago.

When I got back to America my first bike here in the States was a Honda 350, purchased in 1974. I got a vanity plate "MOTO" for the Honda and have had it on every bike ever since.

In 1985 I flew my Moto Guzzi over to Europe for a 6-week Alps ride. "Moto" is Italian for motorcycle (which I didn't realize at the time). My American Guzzi with "Moto" on the license plate always drew a crowd and comments from bikers and non-bikers alike. Met some interesting characters.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Well before buying my ST1100 my favorite character in the Lord of the Rings was Aragorn, aka Strider.

Got the ST and the obvious handle for me on the GEnie MotoRoundtable was Strider, or more accurately, STRider. ST Rider. Get it? Of course you do. :)

I claim STRider as a username as often as I can, but the popularity of LotR has made that hard on popular websites. My fallback has been striderx since the earliest days of Yahoo.

My ST1100's Vermont plate was STRIDR as is its Oregon plate. When my 1300 arrives it's going to get STRDRX unless someone claims it first! Don't get any ideas!!

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300A
Generic gamer tag name from the third MMORPG produced; Asheron's Call. My favorite character race was based on an amalgam of Middle East fantasy cultures and the name was a further play on those; have some really good memories attached to it...:shrug1:

Top Bottom