The Great River Road

I use a ST-Owners lanyard around my neck with a couple of extra zip-ties to secure the camera to it in addition to the clip.
Curious how you take the photos. In the normal orientation the shutter button is usually on the right-hand side of the camera and is designed to be pressed with the fingers of the right hand. Have you simply trained yourself to take the photos with the left hand?
 
Curious how you take the photos. In the normal orientation the shutter button is usually on the right-hand side of the camera and is designed to be pressed with the fingers of the right hand. Have you simply trained yourself to take the photos with the left hand?
Andrew - I have learned over the years to take pictures with either hand.
The thing I have to watch using the right hand is powering off the camera instead of taking a shot! ;)
 
Uncle Phil, just finished this trip report. Once again thoroughly enjoyed it. I have read all your reports since I joined the group in 2007. I’ve only been out west on a bike twice and out east 4 times but never take pictures.
Thanks for sharing your trips with us!
 
Awesome Phil -a trip through history it seems, and a lot of biscuits! Glad you survived one of my favorite gravel sections there north of Aitkin MN. It's a rare through patch of gravel in that region that connects me to either Grand Rapids or northeast MN. Always scenic and usually pretty gentle, especially on those lighter bikes I've gotten a fancy for with barely any power and 21" front wheel. You've inspired me to get down there to the Trace someday. Always seems to be a rainstorm when I head south at the end of December (typically KC with a trailer) for a few days of riding so I head to the dry country of west Texas when the rains come through. Someday I'll join those retired ranks with not enough time to do anything....but somehow mototouring will fit in.

-Dan
 
Nice.

I was just over there a couple weeks ago riding part of that road in Iowa at the CB 1100 rally with a stop at Pikes Peak State Park. Now, I've also been to 2 Pikes Peaks ;)

YrUgV7v.jpg


U1BDe2h.jpg
 
Nice.

I was just over there a couple weeks ago riding part of that road in Iowa at the CB 1100 rally with a stop at Pikes Peak State Park. Now, I've also been to 2 Pikes Peaks ;)

YrUgV7v.jpg


U1BDe2h.jpg
I found Iowa and Minnesota do a really good job of marking the road - the other states, not so much. ;)
 
Man this is SO cool, thank you for compiling and sharing your adventure... I feel like I was along for the ride in a way :thumbsup-2x:
You need to look at some of his links. He's been everywhere and made a biscuit report on most everywhere he went. Call me jealous.
 
Last edited:
I live one mile from the Great River Road/Illinois 3 in Waterloo, Illinois. The first bridge south of St. Louis, MO is in Chester, Il and was recently replaced/opened in late July. Anyway, the old bridge was blown up/dropped into the Mississippi River today at 830 am. I rode down to see the aftermath and took a few pictures.
IMG_0257.jpegIMG_0256.jpegIMG_0254.jpegIMG_0255.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom