$300 '97 ST1100 Refurb Thread

I did a quick search of different years and ABS vs. Standard. The clutch push rod is the same part number for all. Did I miss something?

I just meant that I did this same mod to my '96 a year ago, and I was copying my work because it performed well. There's a thread somewhere here on that job. A guy could make this happen without the machine tools with a bit of care - hacksaw and file for the rod, hand drill and brass screw for the stop, cheap tap from Ace. The rod isn't very expensive if you mess things up.

Otherwise, yeah, aftermarket. In all seriousness, this was easier for me than figuring out what adjustable lever would work.

So the question came up whether this was a rider or a show bike, and my wife agreed with the premise, which meant a trip down to the auto parts shop for a can of color-match paint. My first choice was a Chrysler red, but it ended up more on the wineberry end of things for some reason, so I tried again and this time grabbed a different hue by Chrysler. Turned out it was more orange than the Honda, but it was also $24 (+ clear coat if you don't include the extra can of red..) and since it's a rider, nobody is going to notice or care. At least it's no longer silver and 100% noticeable.

paint.jpg

Still giving thought to the cases. I'm not sure this paint will work well for larger and flexible surfaces like the luggage. Maybe I'll find a bumper paint in dark gray or something.

Color match the lower part of the saddle.

ST trim--SEM ColorCoat Flexible Coating # 15303 Graphite is a dead on match and very durable.

Others have used bed liner paint for the bags.

Back
Top Bottom