End Of An Era

Papa Ritch

Ritch Davis
Bike
09 SilverWing
STOC #
Sorry for your loss. It sound like he left us a better world, because fo his work. Prayer for your Dad & all of his family. Ritch :03biker:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Add mine Fred...
Parents... love them while you have them... and cherish them after that...

Mark

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
I hope to remember the good things as you seem to have done .
It helps his memory live on in you.
Best wishes to him on his new journey

Bike
None
STOC #
Unbelievable!:(

Very busy here so I'll have to be short but:

My heart and soul go out to you and your family! You most likely know my father is fighting cancer too so this is a sad tale indeed! Touches my heart and causes reflection!

I pray you are doing well and I'll keep you and yours in my prayers!!!

Until more time to post a better condolence....

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
I am now in Pasadena, my and my father's hometown. Tomorrow morning I'll be taking my ride through the San Gabriel Mountains; both of our favorite spiritual place. I'll doing this journey for and with him. I miss him very much and I know that when I get to that lookout point overlooking our beloved home range I am going to have a good and big cry. Then I'll dry up and return home renewed.

Thank you guys; my brothers and sisters. See you soon...

Bike
2007 ST1300
It seemed he lived life as he saw it and no one can ask for more. I'm glad you have warm memories. I hope the same can be said by my sons when I pass.

Bike
2009 VeeStrom
STOC #
Fred ,
Thank you for taking the time to share some of your thoughts about your dad. His spirit and kind heart lives on in you Fred and many people here appreciate very much the warm feelings you bring to this community.
My condolences to you and your mother.

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
hey fred

condolences on your father's passing from this life.

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Just got back from my memorial ride through the memories of my father's and I San Gabriel Mountains on the Angeles Crest Highway. Man! I haven't been up there in years since moving to the San Diego area. It was as beautiful as ever! And the best part there was hardly anybody up there so I had the roads mostly to myself to reflect and ride. It was bittersweet. Great to be back, but kind of sad too. Went to the top Mount Wilson and look over most of Southern California. Stopped at Newcombe Ranch without the crowds. Went as far as Buckhorn (pic below) around 7k feet altitude. There is a campground there that is one of my favorites. Kind of like a mini-Sierra area. Nice. And the wild backcountry of Waterman and the upper East San Gabriel River watershed where Big Horn Sheep play.

All in all the world goes on without us and I am glad. Glad it grows and stays... Forever!

Thanks for all you kind heartfelt responses and remarks. Love you guys!

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom