End Of An Era

ST1300 Alicia

aka GSA Girl & KLR Girl
Site Supporter
Bike
BMW R1200GSA
Hi Fred
Kay and I are so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have some great memories and you shared some great times. You will be in our thoughts! Prayers go out for you and yours.

Alicia & Kay Brown-Docken

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Hey Fred,

I don't know how I missed this thread but know that my thoughts are with you.

Your dad was an amazing person and, even though I never met him personally, a big influence on my life and belief systems. His thoughts and writings really helped me through some rough patches and the world is definitely a better place for his having passed this way.

Bike
ST 1300
A belated condolence on your father's passing. It sounds like the two of you created some wonderful memories that will remain with you forever. That's the most we can hope for IMO.

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Thanks guys. Very very nice of you to offer your sympathies. This is why I continue to be a member of this board; you guys make is seem like family...

Raven: Are you saying you are aware of my Father's work? I would like to talk more with you about it. It has always blown my mind how often I run into people who know about him. Thank you.

rickj

Former ST1300 Rider. FJR now.
Bike
2012 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Fred,

I just came across your thread. I'm truly sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. He sounds like such an interesting person and one that I'm sure you are very proud of. Losing a parent is indeed a grueling process, but it's a step we all take along our journey. My mother was found to have uterine cancer (or ovarian - I'm unsure) while she was pregnant with me, and refused a hysterectomy which may have saved or prolonged her life. She chose death rather than taking mine. She died when I was one year old, so I never got to know her. My Dad died about 10 years ago and, although I didn't know him very well, I had to care for him after he suffered a stroke. It was the hardest thing I've had to go though in my life.

Cling to the wonderful memories you have of him, and be aware that he lives on in the form of his son.

My sincerest condolences, my friend.

Rick

Top Bottom