H4 LED - 2018 Evitek, F2 replaces G6

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The F2 comes in many flavors (versions) you can get them for you car or truck too ....

Your first picture is a 9004 or 9007 version of the F2 and NOT a H4 version of the F2 bulb. ** Edit
The ST1300 uses a modified H4, We cut off (break off) the bottom two tabs...
The second picture is the H4 version of the F2 and it is reboxed and sold by many vendors.

The F2 is 32 watts (measured) and is brighter than the B6 which is 18 watts (NOT 80 watts).
The B6 is an attempt to make a halogen Equivalent.
So if you do not want the brighter F2 bulb there is now lower power option.
The B6 is still brighter than the Halogen bulb but since it makes a wider beam pattern it measures equivalent to the halogen....

F2xb6layout.jpg

The longer row of low beam leds in the B6 spreads the light wider on the road.....
high beam lights all leds but at the same power (18 watts).

Here the vendor re-labels the B6 as W6

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07B2GVVBK/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?pd_rd_i=B07B2GVVBK&pd_rd_w=D5kSk&pf_rd_p=4b7c8c1c-293f-4b1e-a49a-8787dff31bcb&pd_rd_wg=XlZYG&pf_rd_r=BXJXJ4K4J83N8HRA0KTC&pd_rd_r=d826e610-c674-42ca-8a30-85bb7b7d3dcb&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYVTJFVzg0NFdJUVcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxNDMxNjIyVVhHRTdRTVY1OFhHJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwMDUwMTEzQlFZRk5UOVNURTlKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Yes, The F2 really does light up the road signs and pedestrians, bicyclist, coyotes, moose, deer, elk and other road hazards giving you more time to react......
Which is the real purpose to have better lighting........

Last edited:
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
To add a bit of clarification, look for the listing 9003/H4 in case H4 only doesn't appear in your search. Where I got mine........ no fuss no muss, don't have to talk to anybody, they just come to your mailbox.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Thank you, Spiderman302 for all the research you have done. I read and noted which LED headlight bulbs you were recommending, and figured the H7 bulbs I would need either for my BMW or my Subaru would work fine if I stayed with your recommendations.

So I finally got fed up with not being able to see with the Subaru headlights and decided to swap them out for some LED headlights. I picked up the H7 version of what you recommended, the Aukee H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, 50W 6000K 10000 Lumens Extremely Bright CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FRC77GX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $29 for two bulbs.

I opened the package up and looked through it a couple times. Something was missing. On my Cyclops LED bulbs, there was this big ballast or whatever that I had to find a place for. It was not insignificant in size; about like a half inch thick stack of business cards. It wasn't there on these Aukee bulbs. Just a thin thing about like a 3 inch piece of licorice. Wow! Impressive!

The bulbs went in fine. The lights didn't need any adjustment at all. The light cutoff seems identical.

Before.

One side changed.

Finished.

Now to see what they look going down the road. :)

In comparison to the Cyclops bulbs,
  • The cost is dramatically less at $15 each vs $65 each.
  • The ballast is far smaller, so there's less to tuck away in tight places.
  • The cooling fan is half the size.
If these last, I'll be one happy camper. Again, thank you.

Chris

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Thank you, Spiderman302 for all the research you have done. I read and noted which LED headlight bulbs you were recommending, and figured the H7 bulbs I would need either for my BMW or my Subaru would work fine if I stayed with your recommendations.

So I finally got fed up with not being able to see with the Subaru headlights and decided to swap them out for some LED headlights. I picked up the H7 version of what you recommended, the Aukee H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, 50W 6000K 10000 Lumens Extremely Bright CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FRC77GX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $29 for two bulbs.

I opened the package up and looked through it a couple times. Something was missing. On my Cyclops LED bulbs, there was this big ballast or whatever that I had to find a place for. It was not insignificant in size; about like a half inch thick stack of business cards. It wasn't there on these Aukee bulbs. Just a thin thing about like a 3 inch piece of licorice. Wow! Impressive!

The bulbs went in fine. The lights didn't need any adjustment at all. The light cutoff seems identical.

Before.

One side changed.

Finished.

Now to see what they look going down the road. :)

• The ballast is far smaller, so there's less to tuck away in tight places.

Chris
What year and model Subaru did you put these in?

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I had to laugh at some guy in the daylight as he was complaining about how bright my headlights were on high beam, he said it was like lasers hitting him with these bulbs. I no longer run the high beams in the daytime. :biggrin:

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I got tired of not being able to see the road at night in my Subaru Outback. What I've noticed is that the gray roads turn black at night when it rains, and the black pavement soaks up every bit of light that lands on it. So I ended up buying the Aukee H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, 50W 6000K 10000 Lumens Extremely Bright CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FRC77GX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They cost $29 for two bulbs. That's about the cost of a halogen bulb.

I opened the package up and looked through it a couple times. Something was missing. On my Cyclops LED bulbs that I have in my GT, there is this big ballast or whatever that I had to find a place for. It was not insignificant in size; about like a half inch thick stack of business cards. It wasn't there on these Aukee bulbs. Just a thin thing about like a small breakfast sausage. Wow! Impressive!

Before the install with the halogen bulbs.

One side changed.

Finished. The bulb can be rotated once installed to place the LED chips in the 3 and 9 o'clock position, which is why the light pattern looks different in the lower picture than in the picture above.

BTW, the dark triangle in the middle of the left light's bright spot is an imperfection in the concrete wall I was pointing them to.

• The ballast is far smaller, so there's less to tuck away in tight places. This ballast would easily fit inside the light housing on my GT.
So my wife's 2016 Toyota Prius has LED headlights. They are fantastic. They don't quite turn the night into day, but they seemed to in comparison to my Subaru's lights. So I got the idea to do some comparison shots where I could keep the camera settings identical and thereby make a valid apples to apples comparison.

Here's the two sets of lights side by side against my garage door.

There's a definite brighter hot spot in the Prius' lights that isn't there on the Aukee lights.

Outback with Aukee bulbs

Toyota Prius with factory LED lights

I'd say the Toyota's are brighter, but I like what I'm seeing with the Aukee lights. And while the lights were not installed in a Concours, I think the general idea transfers to our application here.

Chris

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Here's the two sets of lights side by side against my garage door.
It looks like we have to log into your Google account to see the pics.

I had to laugh at some guy in the daylight as he was complaining about how bright my headlights were on high beam, he said it was like lasers hitting him with these bulbs.
My 'Wing buddy is always say 'Man those lights are bright!' I still keep the high beams on during the day. I've also checked the aim on the low beams to make sure they're not blinding on coming traffic.

I had g7 on the bike, then read about the f2. They are very similar, an edge to the f2 for cut off.

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
So to beat an old horse once again.... :beatdeadhorse: (ok so no horses where harmed in the making of this post...)

The increase in usable light when switching from stock incandescent bulbs to LED's has been made.

Has anyone compared going from upgraded incandescent to LED?
I have the 55w/60w bulbs in mine; which I believe are a step up from the stock 45w bulbs, and wonder how much better LED's would be.

Attachments

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
So to beat an old horse once again.... :beatdeadhorse: (ok so no horses where harmed in the making of this post...)

The increase in usable light when switching from stock incandescent bulbs to LED's has been made.

I have the 55w/60w bulbs in mine; which I believe are a step up from the stock 45w bulbs, and wonder how much better LED's would be.
I went stock - upgraded incandescent - LED. Each change was an improvement. LED was way more of an improvement than the 10-15 watt incandescent bump.

Reactions: Obo

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #

I went from stock bulbs to HID and those were a big improvement and the LED's blow them away.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I gave my 55/60W bulbs to my ST buddy to replace his 45/45W stockers and he was very pleased. But along side my G6s- I win big time.
So if you had to choose between staying with the G6's or getting a set of F2's what would you pick?

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The F2 has superior focus that will get more light down the road. You will really appreciate that when you hit your high beams on a long dark road......

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Okay, opinions wanted:

If cost is no concern, which F2 LED headlight bulb would you choose?

If cost IS of concern, which F2 LED headlight bulb would you choose?

Top Bottom