Left Over Motorcycles....way back when

Bike
2009 ST1300
I've never bought a left-over bike, but I might have bought one from a PO. Story [and there's always a story] goes, buyer goes into Daytona Motor Sports, they have on display 2009 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silverado Edition [rolls off the tongue; it's like area flooring vs broadloam, what we just refer to as carpet now].
Supposedly, bike was initially sold, returned and put back in the box and back on the shelf, for eight years; then, they relocated and "discovered" the box.
Well, was it the last air cooled carbureted 72-degree shaft drive 1100? Who knows, [what a fool believes] presumably [that's my story]. By now you're busily trying to flog 920 FI belt drives; you don't need this distraction.
They sell to [my] PO with I think [records] about 1,000 k or something. PO pays around 8,900 plus a couple accessories in 2017. From the get go, can't make it work; runs like ____ [carbs], takes it back to Daytona [new location I imagine], they ____ around with it, [can't fix carbs] give it back, still doesn't work, PO decides all my compadres are Harley pilots; hey, I wanna go with them, runs it up the flag for fifty cents on the [PO's] dollar.
Every now and then I'm given to embellishing [basically lying] about the truth; and I sometimes wish this one amounted to more than 11c worth of [two at 5.5; they come in a 400 pack] O Rings; maybe I had to resurface a head or something but, that's it; two [predictably] nine-year-old naturally hardened and cracked O-Rings over brass seats, this is what you get.

DSCN3792.JPG20191012_104415.jpg

Top Bottom