Question on Risers

Bike
96' ST1100
STOC #
For a 96' ST1100...I would like to Add Risers. I would like to be able to move the bar UP & BACK a little, and still keep the
stock Cables & Hoses. Any Ideas...Brand...Where to Buy ??
Thanks for any Help & Guidance
Wayne Cornell

Depending on how much you need, there is the Flip-Clip option which raises them up about 1 inch and back.

Depending on how much you need, there is the Flip-Clip option which raises them up about 1 inch and back.
I did this "flip clip" mod to my ST 1100 18 years & 200,000 km ago, and I'm still very happy with it. It has pretty much the same effect as very expensive handlebar risers.

For sure, investigate the flip-clip mod first before you go and spend serious money on custom bar risers.

Michael

For a 96' ST1100...I would like to Add Risers. I would like to be able to move the bar UP & BACK a little, and still keep the
stock Cables & Hoses. Any Ideas...Brand...Where to Buy ??
Thanks for any Help & Guidance
Wayne Cornell

I bought the 2 inch Rox risers, new on Amazon (Black 1R-P2SS). Some re-routing of the clutch and brake hoses was needed, but it all works well. I am pretty sure that a 3.5 inch riser won't work with the stock hoses as mine are at their limit of "reach", if you will.

While I had it all apart for fork maintenance, I painted the bars, top bridge and key cylinder black, which to me looks better, since you can't put the Accord like plastic cover back on after fitting risers. One pic here shows the hose routing I went with. The brake hose clamp from the upper right fork area was removed to give more play in that hose and then I used that clamp to secure the clutch hose near the top of the left fork, not shown in the pic.

To cover up the steering stem nut, I used a bottle cap from an oil bottle and just stuck it on with a wad of Dum Dum. Hasn't moved in 5 years.

Attachments

• DSC00077.jpg
    DSC00077.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 145
Got mine from Gen Mar Manufacturing 19 years ago so you might want to check them out to see if their still in business. Anyway it put my bars 1 inch up and I inch back. Plus I got to keep my gray vanity cover.

I am preparing to add 3.5" Rox risers to my 2002 ST100, so I will try to document the process. I purchased them used on Ebay for $35.00. they had some small scratches but fine otherwise.......

I am preparing to add 3.5" Rox risers to my 2002 ST100, so I will try to document the process. I purchased them used on Ebay for $35.00. they had some small scratches but fine otherwise.......
Let me know how it goes. I'm considering the same mod on my 1995 ST1100. Tim

I made my own 4 inch risers ( with a little help from my local machinist) . The brake lines & clutch lines were the originals, and were over due for replacement, so I had Brake Parts & Materials in Ft. Wayne make up some longer custom lines at a very reasonable cost.

Let me know how it goes. I'm considering the same mod on my 1995 ST1100. Tim

I made my own 4 inch risers ( with a little help from my local machinist) . The brake lines & clutch lines were the originals, and were over due for replacement, so I had Brake Parts & Materials in Ft. Wayne make up some longer custom lines at a very reasonable cost.

View attachment 238139
I assume my 2002 has the same original brake and clutch lines as your 98...... Can you provide more detail about what you ordered? Such as length you increased on each? Stainless? Would you change anything if you ordered again? Price? thanks in advance....

On the sound advice of a fellow ST owner CYYJ here, I did the Flip Clip mod to raise my handlebars. I have successfully raised the handle bars 1.2 inches and set them back towards the rider 1.1 inches. It cost $52. Two upper handlebar clamps, four longer bolts and 24 washers. My riding is so much more comfortable now. Basically, you mount the original top clamp upside down, use the new upper one, new longer bolts and some washers as shims to get your desired height. And there you have nicely raised handlebars with no hose or line modification.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 69
I would really like to do this to my newly acquired 2002 ST1100. I'd love to raise it 1.2" and back 1.1" and still be able to use the stock cover and no hose/line mods. I found the other post that listed the M8x60 bolts that I can get from Home Depot, and I can get washers there too or use nuts. But where do I get the extra 2 top clamps?

Also, are the Rox risers any good? They look like an easy way to both gain a 1-2" rise along with being able to move back at a variable degree. How high can I raise my bars while still using the stock cables/hoses and the stock cover?

I use my new bike for a daily 80-mile commute to/from work in heavy traffic, so making it as comfortable as possible would be perfect. I'd also love to get more into a sitting/relaxed position to take more of the pressure off my hands.

Last edited:
Two inch Rox risers on mine and I only needed to re-route the brake and clutch hoses, without opening either system. Can't use the cover though, which was fine with me as I didn't care for the Accord like look of that area anyway. Been posted before, but here's a pic of my work. Painting of parts made it look better, I think.

I would really like to do this to my newly acquired 2002 ST1100. I'd love to raise it 1.2" and back 1.1" and still be able to use the stock cover and no hose/line mods. I found the other post that listed the M8x60 bolts that I can get from Home Depot, and I can get washers there too or use nuts. But where do I get the extra 2 top clamps?

Also, are the Rox risers any good? They look like an easy way to both gain a 1-2" rise along with being able to move back at a variable degree. How high can I raise my bars while still using the stock cables/hoses and the stock cover?

I use my new bike for a daily 80-mile commute to/from work in heavy traffic, so making it as comfortable as possible would be perfect. I'd also love to get more into a sitting/relaxed position to take more of the pressure off my hands.
bought them from honda dealer.

What's the max height I can rise them while still using the stock cover? I'm trying to get as much into a more sitting position as I can without having to get new cables/hoses and without losing the stock cover, which I like.

I'm also looking for a new set of grips. The previous owner put on pair that have really hard rubber spots on them and they're not comfortable for the daily commute I do, especially with my weight still leaning forward more than I'd like. I put a set of foam covers on them when I first got the bike and they definitely help, but I'd like to get some grips that are more comfortable by default and won't make my hands go numb like these do.

So I don’t respond very often but I saw this thread and figured I would.
I have included a few photos. I have a 97 1100 standard, I was able to add 3 inch Rox’s and Heli bars using ALL factory lines and wiring. I did this to obtain a much more relaxed position. I have done over 50k miles of various Iron Butt rides and have not had a single issue with the controls or lines. 242427242421242422242423242424242425242426242427

I appreciate the pics and info. I'm looking for the max I can get away with in rise and back-set while still being able to keep the stock cover. I'm not ready to go bare handlebar just yet. ;-)

God bless.

Grip preferences are all over the map. My favorite grips are Grab-On Deluxe Foam grips. They're larger in diameter than a lot of grips and you'd need a hole saw to cut through the end caps to mount the bar weights.

My second favorite grips are the BMW sport (?) grips. They're a little narrower around the thumb and first finger area and is a more natural fit for the hand. In addition you could make a palm swell in the middle of the grip and cover it with a foam sleeve. I haven't made a swell but I use them with a foam cover and like that combination.

Back
Top Bottom