Ride For Cambodia?

OK, FIRST trip pic from inside the security zone at JFK airport.
Already I am getting the unexpected.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357668527784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357668527784.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 61
Each of you fellers better take a bottle of Kaopectate. We don't want Mo to harm any ground dwellers on this trip. :D

savoir faire, Bon voyage, break a leg, don't eat yellow snow and don't forget to buy some helmets for your soldier! :D

We'll be waiting for the first crop of pictures.

I had a nice fly-over before daylight of downtown Chicago. Beautiful, could see the lake, Navy Pier and lots of orange lights. At Seattle I was bumped from my flight and put on ANA (Japan). Worst part was having to go 1st class but the food wasn't bad :D Now I'm stuck in a United Club lounge with free bier in Tokyo.
So far so good. I used the GPS on the iphone in the plane, no cell signal, no wifi. What I learned was that the 787 appears to go a little faster (550mph vs 480 mph) and higher (38000 ft vs 33500ft ) on the 757. If I can just figure out how to get a decent map with the GPS position. I failed to make my Spot work out the window of de plane?? Maybe it's just for scooters?

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 37
Jeff, nice ST pict, :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: Joe that lunch looks yum! fresh salmon?

Each of you fellers better take a bottle of Kaopectate. We don't want Mo to harm any ground dwellers on this trip. :D

savoir faire, Bon voyage, break a leg, don't eat yellow snow and don't forget to buy some helmets for your soldier! :D

We'll be waiting for the first crop of pictures.

I'm going to sticky this thread so it's easier to find and we can keep track of the shenanigans easier.

I'm happy to hear Larry's ride on a 787 went smoothly. I'm gonna be on one as well, LAX to TYO. :D. United only has 6 of these planes and two of'em have had incidents in the last couple days.

(I'm not leery, but it adds some flavor. :D)

Waiting anxiously for Danny's check in.

Remember, Geo, it's a Dreamliner and you know how messed up dreams can be. Maybe the 787's leaky fuel problem in Boston was reminiscent of a wet...no, wait, better not go there.

Have a great flight!

Larry and I are all checked into the New Siam Riverside but both of us have missing luggage. Very nice gals are handling that though.
Got some good ideas for you, George. Pics to follow.
Good night!

Oh, Goody, Danny made it too. Awaiting more info.

I'm gonna go run before delving any further into my suit cases.

Waiting to hear helmet news. :D

Sa wad dee Krup Mr Danny and Mr Joe how is your first morning in Bkk. Glad to heard you arrival safe/sound but no luggage :( hope it will show up asap!

I had a nice fly-over before daylight of downtown Chicago. Beautiful, could see the lake, Navy Pier and lots of orange lights. At Seattle I was bumped from my flight and put on ANA (Japan). Worst part was having to go 1st class but the food wasn't bad :D Now I'm stuck in a United Club lounge with free bier in Tokyo.
So far so good. I used the GPS on the iphone in the plane, no cell signal, no wifi. What I learned was that the 787 appears to go a little faster (550mph vs 480 mph) and higher (38000 ft vs 33500ft ) on the 757. If I can just figure out how to get a decent map with the GPS position. I failed to make my Spot work out the window of de plane?? Maybe it's just for scooters?
You need to send UAL a thank-you for moving you to ANA. Dang...

Here is the broad beamed beauty that took me away from it all.
uploadfromtaptalk1357789385697.jpg
Here I demonstrate yoga position to avoid fluid build up in legs and to fight boredom.
uploadfromtaptalk1357789493288.jpg
And again on the Beijing to BKK flight. The Stewart love the ability to help with this pic.
uploadfromtaptalk1357789582086.jpg
Breakfast on the river is included.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357789635560.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357789635560.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 55
Now thats it's been demonstrated that this crossing can be done standing on ones head, we can talk about luggage...they are still waiting for our bags to come in on the next flights. Joe and I both have a similar problem but with two different airlines. We await the next flight in from our respective airlines.
My checked bag, missing as it is, weighed in at 25# and I still feel that it is heavy for the intended bikes that we plan to use. As I've mentiined in a haiku, "We seek bikes to fit our gear"... we're gonna need a bigger bike. :screwy::screwy:

Droid S 3 & TT2

I can do that, and will need to. Found some compression sox so maybe I'll survive. Also, well below 170 lbs, plan to loose a couple more, it helps.

What's the phone status?

What's the helmet/gear status?

And Typhoid immunization status?

Youse guys gonna rent while waiting for us? Waiting anxiously for updates. And pics.

Joe, I'm gonna ditch most of these tools. I'll buy if we need'em.

...had discussions about which direction my plane would head to get to Beijing...East or West?
Onboard GPS monitor showed a true north heading past Albany then slightly to the west of Pattys place in Montreal. Over the Hudson Bay into the arctic with outside temps displayed at -70F.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Back
Top Bottom