Stuff Happens!!!

So sorry to hear about this, Ace! Wow, as others have said, it could've been worse, so that's something to be thankful for.
Know that you have lots of prayers concerning your complete recovery...and that you'll be able to sleep deeply despite the pain.
Peace to you,
Gord

Thanks to one and all for the wishes.
nice to know you've got friends in times like these.
cant wait to feel better and strip off the damaged fairings etc to see the real damages...
i hope i can fix her up one day again...

after an accident we all do the "if only" thing...
One has just got to accept that stuff happens, learn from them, and move on...?

:plus1: On the well wishes ! When our friend VinceDee stuffed his ST into a mountain last year, we met at a RTE where Vince showed up with his little Toyota truck and asked us if we would go
help him load it up. When we got there the front end was bent back into the radiator, so it wouldnt roll at all. We dismanteled the forks, turned the bend forward, and replaced the wheel.
It would then roll easily, and looked like the first extended front end ST I've ever seen. Chopper style !

Hoping you get well rapidly and recover fully !

Probably the best reason yet for mounting a "backup camera" on a bike, with the screen in the lower part of the windshield so the rider can check behind without taking the road ahead out of peripheral vision!! Overlay in one corner with the current speed, similar to police patrol car cameras would be nice too maybe? +1 from me on the "looking up and near miss" thing - it isn't funny when it happens!

Anyway, I hope you mend up soon and you can get back on the bike again!

I like the concept...!!!:)

Getting better everyday.
Slept in my own bed last night
Have been trying to sleep in a recliner couch for a couple of days...

But fix it you can....I guess 2/3 is better than nothing, now the 'critical shopping' is up to you....

Good luck. How good is sleeping in your own bed?? I'll bet pretty good!

Count the blessings (It could have been much worse)...

It looks like th forks are bent from the pictures....Fixable!!! Tuperware s on Fleabay for a ffew pennies....Fixable!

Your still typing and in good spirits from the post...Healing!!!!

It could have turned out very differently. Glad It didn't!!!

But fix it you can....I guess 2/3 is better than nothing, now the 'critical shopping' is up to you....

Good luck. How good is sleeping in your own bed?? I'll bet pretty good!

Yes eventually after about a week or so I could sleep in my own bed...
Next to my beautiful wife....
So long as I didn't try turning on to either side...he-he:)

And you guys are so right...
it sure beats not doing so!

I'm so blessed!!!:bow1:

Just catching up on this thrtead now, but glad to hear you're progressing. You'll be back on a bike before too long, and your ST ..., well, it'll probably take a litle more than a good buffing, but I'm sure you're going to bring it back to life as well.

Yeah ! It'll take a while to buff this lot....

Attachments

• SDC17433.JPG
    SDC17433.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 60
  • SDC17439.JPG
    SDC17439.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 65
  • SDC17448.JPG
    SDC17448.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 50
  • SDC17421.JPG
    SDC17421.JPG
    310.2 KB · Views: 46
  • SDC17443.JPG
    SDC17443.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 64
Boy am I missing my Honey today.......Esh!
Thanks all for the wishes and good words.
Please someone tell me you had a great ride to-day!!!
PS when is there ever a bad ride...?
Only a tough or hard ride....but on an ST...neva!!!

Boy am I missing my Honey today.......Esh!
Thanks all for the wishes and good words.
Please someone tell me you had a great ride to-day!!!
PS when is there ever a bad ride...?
Only a tough or hard ride....but on an ST...neva!!!

Well, if it's any consolation, we who live in Qu?bec must endure forced PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) from Dec. 15 to Mar. 15 of every year, because the law here says that every vehicle on the road between those dates must have winter tires on it. And to add insult to injury, the license bureau still charges us the cost of plating our bikes for the entire year - and it is prohibitively expensive here (approx. $640 for a street bike, $1400 for a sport bike!).
Aw, heck, I know that doesn't make it any better for you! I am truly sorry you are without your beloved ST for the moment! :(
Hang in there, Ace!

Patty

I'll have a little ride today, the great ride is probably going to have to wait for the weekend...

Did that make you feel better??:)

I hope you are back up soonest!

Edit: It cost me $65.00 to license the Ducati for a year in AZ. And I can ride it everyday, without snow tires! Sorry, Patty.

Double Edit: Patty...whyn't you buy a bike and park it here? Just a couple weeks of vacation would make that all worth while....

Well, if it's any consolation, we who live in Qu?bec must endure forced PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) from Dec. 15 to Mar. 15 of every year, because the law here says that every vehicle on the road between those dates must have winter tires on it. And to add insult to injury, the license bureau still charges us the cost of plating our bikes for the entire year - and it is prohibitively expensive here (approx. $640 for a street bike, $1400 for a sport bike!).
Aw, heck, I know that doesn't make it any better for you! I am truly sorry you are without your beloved ST for the moment! :(
Hang in there, Ace!

Patty

That sucks...I'd rather live here in sunny South Africa where license fees are about $30-00 per year...
And the weather is terrific all year long.. coldest temp averages about 12 degres C and maxes around 40 degrees C..
And you can actually get away with quite a lot on a bike... by saying this I dont mean being a total idiot, but slight indiscretions are not lambasted, if you get my drift...

Yeah Now I'm waiting in an airport to get home again, and this was always a trip I did on Honey........about 600km (370 miles) each way.......!!!!!!!.....:(

Back
Top Bottom