Stuff Happens!!!

Congrats on getting #2 restored! :clap2:

It's not cheap, that's for sure! :money1: :money1: :money1: :money1: :money1:

I'm still collecting parts for my 2004 re-restore. After my son's wedding in three weeks (Oct 12th), I'll be able to start spending time on it again, and by then I should have most of the parts I need. :D

Quick update on No2 (Honey)+2,5 years later ...

She's done over 10,000kms since the prang... and looking good.

I am still totalling the actual costs of the repairs but they come in at around $1,100-00 so it was not that bad...however she does bare some scars and doesn't look brand new...but she does go well.
Now the biggest problem (having the 2 STs) is which to ride when..I use Honey locally and she's at around 66,250miles and Angel-ST is used for long trips and stands at around 81,600miles...

I am blessed to be able to report that I am doing great and have healed quite well...

However my Jaguar XJ 5,0l V8 is not...Some twit (possibly busy on his mobile and on some kinda drugs(?) jumped the traffic lights 2 days ago and hit the car... my missus has slight neck pains but seems to be ok(?)
[I'm away on a job ?600kms away on No3 (Angel-ST), and the fender bender damage looks to be around $18,000...very slight damage...(Jag is an expensive piece of metal @?$142,500 here in South Africa)....say no more about that box of chocolates...

But I am still smiling :D

Last edited:
Ouch! Glad it was the Jag and not a ST or the damage would have been more physical in nature... if you know what I mean! :eek:4:

Tell the missus glad she's okay(?)... hopefully that neck pain will subside soon!

And now for another close incident....

Survived a very, very close call with a truck on my bike today because an idiot came flying onto the hi-way and came straight across to the fast lane. The truck driver went off the road behind me to avoid hitting me as I had to slow down because of the idiot...

(Had a similar incident yesterday due to a guy coming right over because he was texting on his mobile phone whilst driving.)..

AND I have been keeping to the speed limits...to hang with that!! I'm just not going to be there when they come for me now....

One rattled truck driver that did an amazing job of missing me and keeping his wheels with the rubber down... Well Done Alex.!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 27
And now for another close incident....

Survived a very, very close call with a truck on my bike today because an idiot came flying onto the hi-way and came straight across to the fast lane. The truck driver went off the road behind me to avoid hitting me as I had to slow down because of the idiot...

(Had a similar incident yesterday due to a guy coming right over because he was texting on his mobile phone whilst driving.)..

AND I have been keeping to the speed limits...to hang with that!! I'm just not going to be there when they come for me now....

One rattled truck driver that did an amazing job of missing me and keeping his wheels with the rubber down... Well Done Alex.!!!

So, that's Alex the truck driver?

I probably would have been too rattled myself to think of taking his picture

An Update: #2 (accident bike=> Honey) has done over 181,700kms and #3 ("new one" => Angel - the one that now does the towing) has +201 950odd kms on her (but she only show 1,952... = Clocked over) So all-in-all done over ±500,000 kms on STs... Nice!

Attachments

• SDC10858 copy.jpg
    SDC10858 copy.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 199 000kms.jpg
    199 000kms.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 000o000.jpg
    000o000.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
Nice!! I was just thinking about you the other day, hadn't seen any posts from you in a very long time. Glad all is well! :)

Patty

Back
Top Bottom