Where did you ride today?

Rode the V-Strom down to Deckers for a cup of coffee this afternoon. 110 miles round trip. No pictures or route as you all have seen my Deckers ride posts before. Just needed a couple three hours on the bike after a busy morning with wife's med appointments. I love the ride to Deckers and back, a great way to decompress riding along the river after a busy few days.

SAM_8801.JPG
 
Last edited:
Did one of my Germany Bakery runs down to Colorado Springs, Wimbergers Old World Bakery, with the FJR. I make this run and route about every six weeks or so in the summer with the bike. Did not take any pictures but here are some file pictures of mine with the FJR previously in no particular order. This is one of my favorite routes.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3YfoXSnCcjyr7Kam6


SAM_1485.JPGSAM_4439.jpgSAM_4805.JPGSAM_5666 (2).JPGSAM_5972.JPGSAM_6529.JPGSAM_6530.JPGSAM_8234.JPGSAM_2255.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just a short 24+ mile trip up to my son's house in the next suburb. He and I returned all the heavy furniture back into place in their basement that was flooded just over a week ago. Things finally dried up so time to set up my grandson's bed and other furniture in his bedroom down there and move some other heavy stuff in the family room. Took the longer 36 mile way home for a total of 60 miles.
 
Nowhere, Drove to the moto tire store. Last night as I was inspecting the NT1100 for todays ride into the foothills I found this, 11 pounds of pressure and tiny screw tip imbedded in the rear tire. So do I plug it or replace the tire. Tire had 4200 miles on it and it was approaching the wear bars after a year of riding. Honda factory for some reason has outfitted some NT1100 with a inexpensive sport tire (Dunlap Sportmax GPR 300) instead a sport-touring tire. Soft / sticky, single compound. Front tire has lots of tread left. I decided to replace the rear with a new sport touring tire. Probably a Dunlop Rosdsmart III or IV. I don't ride in the rain much any more and we don't get much rain here in Colorado, also I am too old to ride overly aggressive. I need to slow down and smell the roses as there is not much time left at almost 77 years old. So the RS IIIs will do just fine price wise compared to the RS IVs. And we won't even talk about the Michelin Pilot tire cost. So no riding today and if I cannot get the rear wheel reinstalled by COB today then there will be no riding tomorrow either.

SAM_8887.JPGSAM_8889.JPGSAM_8888.JPG
 
Had the RS 3's on my St1100 good tire in the rain, handled well , reasonable mileage for what I paid for them , front tire developed uneven wear pattern. Went with Bridgestone's have 6000 kilometers on them and they are wearing even , cost twice as much as the Dunlops but I think they are worth it.
Did get out for a ride last night to Crescent Beach and White Rock Beach and Delta Port. About 100 kilometers. Was a beautiful evening.
 
Back
Top Bottom