- Joined
- Sep 25, 2009
- Messages
- 1,097
- Age
- 71
- Location
- West Des Moines, IA
- Bike
- 2024 Kaw Vulcan S
- 2026 Miles
- 007457
Rode a total of 71 miles yesterday. Some of that was to the American Legion Riders meeting. This was on the way home after that meeting.

Then I had an appointment with the Iowa DOT to replace my trailer tag with the personalized one I ordered when I bought the trailer. Rode another 71 miles today to go get that. Found LOTS of roads with road construction. Had it all... road closed with a detour... down to one lane on another road that was a divided 4 lane... one lane with a flagman on a 2 lane country road (and of course I got there just in time to stop and wait for traffic to clear coming the other way)... etc. I'm sure I found half the road construction in the state on this ride. I guess that makes 142 miles in two days.

Then I had an appointment with the Iowa DOT to replace my trailer tag with the personalized one I ordered when I bought the trailer. Rode another 71 miles today to go get that. Found LOTS of roads with road construction. Had it all... road closed with a detour... down to one lane on another road that was a divided 4 lane... one lane with a flagman on a 2 lane country road (and of course I got there just in time to stop and wait for traffic to clear coming the other way)... etc. I'm sure I found half the road construction in the state on this ride. I guess that makes 142 miles in two days.























Russ.