2014 Super Tenere - Gets some upgrades ZE Edition

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Those are some nice features. I hate it when they bring bikes like that to the U.S. I was kinda hoping this model would stay in Europe or something :D
Mike

dmcleane

Dave Elliott
Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #
Those are some nice features. I hate it when they bring bikes like that to the U.S. I was kinda hoping this model would stay in Europe or something :D
Mike
The bike not being available in the US was keeping me happily in fantasyland. Now I've got to seriously rethink this whole "new bike" thing.

Don't be surprised to see a 2001 ST1100 in the classifieds real soon. :D

Bike
2006 ST1300
A couple dealers I stopped at had no clue...they just said there was no '13 or '14 yet...guess we got the info before the dealers! LOL. Going to try to make a monthly ST payment each week to get it paid off as soon as possible, then go for the Super Ten :)

Man that will be a lot of dough though. Makes me kind of wish I could have gotten the used one I saw. With similar accessories, the ES would total around $20k, while the one I tried for was just under $10k. I've been trying to talk to dealers about whether they would still honor a warranty with a bunch of accessories installed and all I have gotten was double talk. I know the law...but that does no good if the dealers don't comply, and taking them to court is more cost than it is worth. I'll keep trying until I get real answers.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
A couple dealers I stopped at had no clue...they just said there was no '13 or '14 yet...guess we got the info before the dealers! LOL. Going to try to make a monthly ST payment each week to get it paid off as soon as possible, then go for the Super Ten :)

Man that will be a lot of dough though. Makes me kind of wish I could have gotten the used one I saw. With similar accessories, the ES would total around $20k, while the one I tried for was just under $10k. I've been trying to talk to dealers about whether they would still honor a warranty with a bunch of accessories installed and all I have gotten was double talk. I know the law...but that does no good if the dealers don't comply, and taking them to court is more cost than it is worth. I'll keep trying until I get real answers.
A couple dealers listed in this thread
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=10897.msg180681;topicseen#new

I'd love to get one but I need to wait at least a couple years.

Bike
2006 ST1300
A couple dealers listed in this thread
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=10897.msg180681;topicseen#new

I'd love to get one but I need to wait at least a couple years.
Thanks! I'm going to go back to MOM's in Manchester once their sales people are back from the weekend's bike show in Mass. I was there Friday and just got a glazed look from one of the few people left in the shop. They are a good dealer, and is where Long Haul Paul got his- so they apparently don't mind taking care of well-farkled bikes.

I'm very tempted to go with North Ridge Yamaha in Ohio though. The owner treated me so awesome when I stopped in for a simple CS sprocket several years ago...for a KLR of all things. Even thought it wasn't his brand, he not only sold me the sprocket & chain, but before I could get the parts from him (we were discussing bikes & trips) I found out he had one of his guys pull the KLR into the shop and started installing the parts. Labor charge? ZERO! I'd love to give him a little business in return.

Bike
Supere Tenere
My local dealer has a few 2013s left at $11,999. That's out the door. You could always buy and fly. I'd be happy to store it for you, lots of room in the shop.

;-) Paul

Bike
BMW K1600GT
I am really starting to like this bike (wish it had a beak). Although my brother is letting me ride his R1200GSA to Alaska, I really looking hard at this bike. It has wet clutch, water cooled engine, and shaft drive. Plus it is reliable. The BMW is nice but not sure if I trust it. I just wish the Tenere had a bigger fuel tank, but the reliability factor might be worth the difference. I would love to get a range of 250 miles but I don't think that is possible. I have found used ones priced in the 8K range.
MOM's of Manchester had good prices on new, but too many good used ones out there.

Bike
2006 ST1300
The only reason I'm looking at new is for the improved ES model. Lots of good things that would cost me money on a used bike. If it weren't for the news that the ES (or ZE for other locations) was going to be available here, I would definitely buy used vs. new. The one I found for under $10k had around $5k worth of farkles, most that I would be paying for anyway, so in reality it would be like buying a bone stock '12 for $5k. I have little use for a warranty, and that is one of the few draws of a new bike vs. used.

Bike
1998 ST1100
Ordered my ES on Thursday. They said to expect delivery in May. Can't wait! I will miss my ST. Who knows, I may just keep it?

Bike
BMW K1600GT
Hey when you get your ES will you post a review? Unless I come across some deal too good to pass up, I'll wait until the ES comes out.

Bike
1998 ST1100
Hey when you get your ES will you post a review? Unless I come across some deal too good to pass up, I'll wait until the ES comes out.
Will do. Mellow has done a good review of the first Tenere as well. I'll post my thoughts when it comes.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Ordered my ES on Thursday. They said to expect delivery in May. Can't wait! I will miss my ST. Who knows, I may just keep it?
I got a good quote from North Ridge Yamaha in Geneva, OH but would have had to order it by the 14th, and I had no chance to get financing lined up by then. Hopefully in May I can order one, and not have to wait too long.

I'm anxious to see your review of the updates!

Related, I was wondering what other changes were made, as far as what accessories would fit. It looks like the basic bike is unchanged, and the news of the new changes didn't mention anything major other than bolt-on stuff so I'm assuming all the same panniers, body/engine protection, etc. would still work. While I enjoy major model changes, the downside is that the aftermarket needs time to come up with new accessories. That is one reason I bought my '06 KLR650 instead of getting the newer version.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
... I think Yamaha is calling my name again ....

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yep, I really like the Strom but I miss the tenere. The ergos on the strom don't work for me and I prefer an adv bike right now too.

Top Bottom