5 Things You Have Done,,, Most Others Haven't...

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
1 Drove a Wisconsin Dells "Duck" in a lake @14 yrs old , while driver adjusted engine timing . ( 1967 , , , sure wouldn't happen these days )

2 I got Eagle Scout @ age 17 , My 2 sons also got Eagle Scout , 2002 & 2003

3 1974 , I climbed Mt. Elbert in Colorado 14,440' with a friend who almost fell off the steep back side , at the top , but I grabbed his T-shirt when rocks gave way . He was fiddling with his camera .

4 Another student / friend got me to stop in a bar for a rare beer & prevented me from getting on the Chicago "El" train usual front car , that minutes later , crashed at Lake St. & Wabash , Feb 4th 1977 , killed 11, 266 injured . We were both Industrial design students from U. of Cincinnati , that worked in the Sears Tower. : C.F.D. Lake & Wabash CTA EL Crash 40th Anniversary 1977 - Bing video 1977 Chicago Loop derailment - Wikipedia

Last edited:

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
Flown a plane.
Jumped out of the plane.
Been to Saddam Hussein’s “hole”.
Threw Santa out of an open door at FL060.
Made a very big BOOM.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Met les dennis , bernard manning and the rapiers
Bernard Manning was one of my favourite comedians. A real character a gentleman and a prolific charity fundraiser especially for the Police Force. They broke the mould. RIP

Bike
VStrom 650
Bernard Manning was one of my favourite comedians. A real character a gentleman and a prolific charity fundraiser especially for the Police Force. They broke the mould. RIP
I remember Bernard, he used to call into Hilton Services on the way home to Lancashire after a show in Birmingham or beyond. He would come and sit with us when we were eating in the services on M6 night duty.
He was a welcome distraction and always bloody funny, he told us once about being a young MP, can't remember the regiment, and the fact he guarded many high ranking Nazi generals in Germany after WW2.
He was always driven and the car was usually an oversized yank tank.
Happy days, bloody hated nights on the M6 though.
Upt'North.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
I remember Bernard, he used to call into Hilton Services on the way home to Lancashire after a show in Birmingham or beyond. He would come and sit with us when we were eating in the services on M6 night duty.
He was a welcome distraction and always bloody funny, he told us once about being a young MP, can't remember the regiment, and the fact he guarded many high ranking Nazi generals in Germany after WW2.
He was always driven and the car was usually an oversized yank tank.
Happy days, bloody hated nights on the M6 though.
Upt'North.
When I was a young Detective Constable on the Regional Crime Squad in 1980 we often used to call in at the lorry drivers cafe at Hilton Services for our evening meal. The gammon, egg and chips for 50p was unforgettable (in a good way!). Happy days indeed. Bernard once did a charity show for us at a club in Bilston, around 1990. He had a Roller then, fortunately with a driver, as he was a little bit giggly at the end of the night/morning!

Bike
1998 Honda ST1100
Blown off a striped up ST1100 by a Royal Flight helicopter containing Prince Edward and Sophie ;)

It came in rather low straight over the top of me :biggrin:

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
1) Visited 60 different countries in one year (the last year I was working, whilst delivering new aircraft from the factory to customers), and 85 different countries over a 3 year period.
2) Lived and worked in Africa for 5 years.
3) Lived and worked in every country that had a civil war in Africa during the years 1988-1993.
4) Got hit by a SA-7 missile whilst evacuating wounded civilians in the middle of one of those civil wars.
5) Had the opportunity to lead a team modernizing and putting back into production a 19 seat aircraft.

Michael

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
My ST Stuff -

1. Rode over 400,000 Miles on ST1100s.
2. Own 4 roadworthy ST1100s and 4 parts ST1100s for a total of 8 ST1100s.
3. Rode 4 ST1100s to 48 states with a picture of the bike at each state line sign.
4. Road 3 ST1100s to Alaska with a picture of the bike at the state line sign.
5. Met in person the three hosts of the original ST web sites - Joe (ST-Owners), Don (The liST), and Steinar (st1100.org)
6. Transplanted an ABSII front end and front and rear calipers to a Standard ST1100.
7. Host the BRG - the longest 'continuously' held ST event (20 years this year) in the world to my knowledge (WeSToc and the Pan Clan did not have theirs last year ;) ).

***EDIT - Oops, looks like I repeated myself a little bit but then I am at the age that I can hide my own Easter eggs .... :nuts:

Last edited:
Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Took some digging into the old memory bank, but here goes.

1. Earned a Private Pilot's licence.
2. Built, and operated a successful home based business, with 31 display aquariums, where I sold tropical fish, aquariums and supplies to the public.
3. Attacked by dozens of dogs over three decades of delivering mail. The stories I could tell!
4. Stayed at a lodge on the edge of the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania and safaried on the crater floor.
5. Piloted narrowboats during two tours of some canals in England. Highly recommended as a slow paced and adventurous holiday throughout the English countryside.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
1. Born and raised on a small Caribbean island.
2. Built two hovercraft from scratch.
3. Have a pilots license.
4. Gas RC boat national champion 2005.
5. Built and raced a big block drag car as a HS shop project.
RT

A lot of great experiences here!
For addition my best recollections...
Quit University in the late 70's to spend 2 years walking across Europe/Asia. Back in a time when you could still do such a thing before the rest of the world did this, rode on a steam engines cow catcher in Northern India!
Join elite forces in Canada upon return after training and even did a HALO jumps as part of that amongst other very intense experiences.
Provided security for several celebrities over the years. Even became close to Paul Newman (God rest his soul) one of the most genuinely interesting and friendly people I've ever know.
Took Tina Turner shopping for lingerie. ( what a pair of legs). I don't think any more information is needed...
Took Stevie Ray Vaughn on a tour of Toronto and the interior of the then Skydome.
Have opened the roof of the Skydome.
Had the opportunity to do several "hot laps" of Laguna Seca thanks to Paul Newman.
And alot more to come I hope.:wine2:

Bike
2019 Tracer 900 GT
1. Won the Ohio State Accounting Test in high school. Placed 4th in National Test.
2. Slept next to a Titan II ICBM on Christmas '76
3. Married my wife.
4. Shook hands with Ronald Reagan when he started his campaign in Austin TX

Bike
2001 ST1100
Mine are pretty mundane compared to many here
1) I’ve walked on the launch pad of the space shuttles in Florida.
2) walked away from being t-boned by a guy going 120 kph. (In a car)
3) 4 commendations for life saving (I was a volunteer fire fighter in a previous life, hence my handle)
4) participated in the world fire fighter games.
5) saw the movie Grease with a hot hot hot college girl when I was 16.

Bike
HD VROD
Fantastic group! My 5:
Enlisted at 17, E-1 Private. Served 22 years, earned 10 promotions, retired as a Captain.
Survived 6 tours in Special Forces.
Master Parachutist, 215 jumps.
Company Commander.
Earned AS,BS, and MS degrees.
Married nearly 30 years.
On my 2nd ST1300; a Black 2010, and a White 2017. Love these things! Bring back a new ST!!!

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Fantastic group! My 5:
Enlisted at 17, E-1 Private. Served 22 years, earned 10 promotions, retired as a Captain.
Survived 6 tours in Special Forces.
Master Parachutist, 215 jumps.
Company Commander.
Earned AS,BS, and MS degrees.
Married nearly 30 years.
On my 2nd ST1300; a Black 2010, and a White 2017. Love these things! Bring back a new ST!!!
thank you for your service Captain:thumb:

Top Bottom