5 Things You Have Done,,, Most Others Haven't...

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Take 6-12 students that have never even sat on a motorcycle ( ages 16-80 something). In < 20 hrs. have them all riding good enough to pass the final evaluation, and most importantly teach them the basic skills and responsibilities to stay alive on the street. Do you have some extra time and a lot of patience ? Stop by your nearest MSF class we are always looking for more coaches.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Hitchhiked across the country twice as a kid
Saw jethro tull third row center
Lived in a teepee when i went to college
Bought a 700 lb monster, red motorcycle after going 40 years without a ride.

Was a crew member on a C130 that delivered an American soldier to Cali Columbia, his final resting place. We were met by about 1000 people at the airport and a 1960 Cadillac hearse. A reporter wanted to interview us but none of us could speak Spanish.
Served in Panama during the invasion
Poured concrete on several bridge decks
Broke my heel, (don't try it)
Designed a pony rider decal that is still in use 22 years later by the local Air National Guard unit.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100X
STOC #
1.) Took motorcycle and car tests on the same day. Only passed the first one!
2.) Had a drink with actors Timothy West and Prunella Scales.
3.) Won the Lulu (model glider) International Postal Competition twice.
4.) Climbed up on my roof to put up and later, take down, my tv and radio aerials.
5.) Owned a Wartburg 353 - and would have another.

Talked to Toby Keith (alone) one day in Norman, OK. No press, no entourage, just me and him. It was a good day. Just two guys about the same age; one famous the other not, but both having respect for one another.

Witnessed 3 autopsies in the same day when I was becoming an EMT. I was 21 at the time.

Wnen I was 14, I had a car hit an embankment and flip upside down and fly right over top of me landing about 20 yards away. The guy walked away....

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Talked to Toby Keith (alone) one day in Norman, OK. No press, no entourage, just me and him. It was a good day. Just two guys about the same age; one famous the other not, but both having respect for one another.

Witnessed 3 autopsies in the same day when I was becoming an EMT. I was 21 at the time.

Wnen I was 14, I had a car hit an embankment and flip upside down and fly right over top of me landing about 20 yards away. The guy walked away....
That is only three....... :well1: :rofl1:

Bike
2007 ST1300
1. Travelled under the north pole.
2. Watched aircraft taking off from a Russian aircraft carrier through a periscope.
3. Had a bbq on the deck of a submarine as it passed through the Panama Canal.
4. Walked around inside the massive vehicle assembly building at Kennedy Space Center.
5. Touched the different outer sections of an Atlas rocket before they were assembled.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Wrecked two 55 Chevy's at the same time.......long story

Worked on the 6666 and Pitchfork ranches.

Drove out of a refinery two minutes before the unit we were working in exploded. Good Lord does look out for idiots.

Met Billy Gibbons and had a talk.

Played bass with two different bands on Bourbon Street multiple times.

Met Sonny Barger at Corbins factory. RIP

IMG_3183.JPG

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Hung out for a few hours with some armed RCMP officers and 1.5 tonnes of cocaine.

(no illegal activity on my part!)

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
Here are my 5, no pics available tho.
‘67 what a year, Expo ‘67 in Montreal then shook hands with Prince Philip in Manitoba
‘68 survived a 4 rotation endo auto accident in Michigan, unfortunately not all did
‘69 hitch hiked from Montreal to Max Yazgur’s farm for you know what
‘76 owned a retail business near the Montreal Forum and had Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Joe Cocker and Expos Ellis Valentine and Andre Dawson as clients
‘17 after 47 years of riding, got an ST for my 65th birthday

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
First car ever owned, 55 Chevy 210, 283 bored to 301, rolled and tucked bucket seats and rear to match. Cool car. Hit a cow one night while girlfriend and I were going to the drive in. Found another 55 Chevy 2 door hardtop for $50. Swapped engine and tranny out at a friends house who had a pit where we could get under and do the work. Had to get the old wreck back home and it had no breaks. Tied the front bumper to the rear bumper of the wreck and started home (about 15 miles). Somehow bumper of hardtop got on top of wreck and my buddy could not steer the wreck car. So we cross the road and run up the side of a bank and turn the wreck upside down and tore the front of the hardtop almost off. Just happened to be the first day we had two new Texas State Troopers assigned to the town and they were on scene prertty soon. Nobody hurt and only car damage. They just laughed and issued no tickets. Just a week earlier I got the 55 Hardtop painted at Earl Schieb a british racing green. $100 for the paint job. This all in 1968.
Then found a 57 Chevy 210 for another $50 and got the running gear in it. Didn't wreck that one.
Just shows what a stupid 15 year old was capable of.

So goes the story of wrecking two 55 Chevy's at the same time.

Being an avid firearms enthusiast for most of my life as well as working in the industry for many years. At one point I was employed at a local indoor pistol range as a gunsmith and shooting instructor.

One day I decided to try and split a business card on edge with a handgun. I was using one of my match pistols chambered in 45acp. I cut a slot in a piece of cardboard and inserted my business card. Moved target to 15' chambered a round, line the sights and pressed the trigger. 1st shot went just to the right and left a streak on the card. For the second shot I adjusted my aim slightly, pressed the trigger and left an identical streak on the other side of the card.
For the 3rd shot I readjusted my hold on target (again!) pressed the trigger and boom, right through the middle. Feeling pretty confident after finally hitting it. I moved the target to 25', lined the sights and split it on the first try.
Nothing special or impressive but most shooters I've seen can barely hit a full sized target consistently.
May share more stories but I'm waiting on the statue of limitations to expire...ha! just kidding, they've already expired ;)

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
1. Kicked Big Ben Davidson of the Oakland Raiders in the balls when I was 5 years old, and he hired me to work in his restaurant when I was 16.

2. Met Ansel Adams and got photography lessons from him when I was 12 (He was a close personal friend of my grandfather).

3. Learned how to rock climb in Yosemite from Royal Robbins and the other insane guys at "Camp 4".

4. I was solo back packing the back country of Yosemite at 13 years old.

5. Did the California section of the PCT when I was 19.

6. Crashed a party at Grace Slick's (Jefferson Starship/Airplane) house and was told I could come back any time. I also met Dylan, and all of the members of the Grateful Dead there.

7. Managed a touring group of performers that we started in our sophomore year of high school (Look up Magic by Charles and The Lady on Youtube) that led me to a years long friendship with Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys.

8. Was named for a close friend of my mother's, Omar Bradley (field commander of American soldiers during the Allied invasion of Normandy on D-Day)

9. Have broken almost every bone in my body at one time or another.

10. Have had over 200 stitches, some I've had to give myself...

Bonus, like someone else here, I've dived on the wreckage at Truk; however I did it in the mid sixties...

Last edited:

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
Sailed the seven seas.
Had sex in a hearse.
Ran with the bulls
Climbed Popocatapetl
Flew half way round the world to put a plug in the wall.
...the list is endless.
Uhhh you mean having sex in a hearse is uncommon? BTDT. Was she the daughter of the funeral home owner?
I did it with a head (No pun intended) librarian in a bookmobile a few times as well...

Top Bottom