Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Geezalou.. you like pain meds don't you? lol

Heal quickly my friend.
I couldn't afford to be a druggie - it'd take too big a dose to get the desired effect. ;-)
Percosets (which was prescribed) have about the same effect on me as drinking a glass of water since my body has built up a tolerance to them after 20 surgeries/recoveries.

Last edited:
Bike
VStrom 650
Could I possibly recommend a daily dose, or three, of Scotch Malt, takes all my pain away; until I wake up anyway. Irish Whiskey will also suffice.
:wine2:
Upt'North.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I hope the recovery goes well!

Take care and listen to those masochists PT people again (just like you knee PT peeps)!

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I hope the recovery goes well!

Take care and listen to those masochists PT people again (just like you knee PT peeps)!
That's what so interesting with this hand repair (CMC Arthroplasty) - they treat it like it was made out of breakable glass for about 4 weeks. You do nothing except let it heal. Then the exercises are very little which really surprised me. Don't know about the elbow surgery/therapy - that's a new procedure for me.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
That's what so interesting with this hand repair (CMC Arthroplasty) - they treat it like it was made out of breakable glass for about 4 weeks. You do nothing except let it heal. Then the exercises are very little which really surprised me. Don't know about the elbow surgery/therapy - that's a new procedure for me.
You start off with lifting a small cup of hot chocolate and gradually increase in size till you get to the 5 cup capacity...... ;) There's some incentive.

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
UP, Those prayer's U heard were from me for U.
5 hour 1 way trip to RTE, 5.5 back. Dam, get well.
Your going to need a NEW Coffee MUG, at that Hospital?
U know your ST's inside & out. Thinking the doc's Know U inside & out.
Later BoB D=ace

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Well I made it out of the repair shop last night and got a soft cast from the ends of my left fingers past the elbow. The block is wearing off and the pain meds are a little less than what I had hoped for. But it's a road I've had too much practice on and nothing close to the pain of a knee replacement! ;-)
My dear Uncle Phil - you do lead a rich and varied life.

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Pete

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Got a good report from the therapist and the doctor on my left appendage repair and reconstruction. Hopefully I'll be in a soft brace for my visit on my birthday next week. The doctor gave me a copy of the surgery notes for my reading pleasure. They are quite 'descriptive' which makes me really glad I was not awake when they were cutting and grinding … :eek: Turns out I had a busted tendon in my left arm just like in my right arm, so he could recycle that body part and use it. Nothing like an environmentally sound use of used and broken body parts! ;)
No riding as of yet so I don't know if I'll be at the BRG in a ST1100 or a ST2500 this year - time will tell.

Top Bottom