Back To The Repair Shop

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Heal quickly, UP!

If you don't make it to Kreis's Celebration, I'm sure he understands. He'll probably be watching over you anyway!

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Hope they can fix you up. I had some medical issues the last few years and I thought I was done riding last year, but they got my meds figured out and I am back on two wheels. You just never know?

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, just got back from the Celebration for Kreis.
We made with just 30 minutes to spare. My lovely wife drove us there safely after passing through three wrecks on the way.
Shuey was one of the speakers and did an excellent tribute to Kreis!
The feeling is starting to come back into the hand, so it's off to pop some 'happy' pills before it is too late.
Doctor said that all went well and he was able to use part of a wrist tendon for the cushion that I had already busted somewhere down the line instead of sacrificing a good one.
Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and prayers!

cnjmurg

R.I.P. - 2019/01/05
Rest In Peace
Bike
06 ST 1300
STOC #
glad to hear that the work did the job. recover nicely and when I come out there we can go for a ride with no Dr. intervention
Jim
Just got to finish my move

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Sounds like success. Keep poppin the happy pills as long as you need. Therapy on the horizon. Heal well.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Those older models often need some repair work to keep them going.:D Hopefully, you are back in the saddle right after this latest mod and can make the Celebration.

I'm still running all OEM parts and hope to do so for a few more years (71 this month). See you at some of the STOC events again this year.:) Miss Karen says hello.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Those older models often need some repair work to keep them going.:D
Especially those that have high miles and been rode hard and put up wet... ;-)

Please give Miss Karen a hug from the Holler for me!

I go back Friday for them to look at the stitches and put a new partial cast on it.

Thumb and fingers are still purple but getting better.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
been rode hard and put up wet...
A phrase I use often and which makes my dear bride wince every time. :)

The Army did indeed ride me hard and put me up wet, too many times. :(
Have had a few tune-ups myself.

Continued beST wishes during your recovery, my friend.

Warm Regards, John :STOC: Ten Fifty-Eight

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Well, just got back from the Celebration for Kreis.
We made with just 30 minutes to spare. My lovely wife drove us there safely after passing through three wrecks on the way.
Shuey was one of the speakers and did an excellent tribute to Kreis!
The feeling is starting to come back into the hand, so it's off to pop some 'happy' pills before it is too late.
Doctor said that all went well and he was able to use part of a wrist tendon for the cushion that I had already busted somewhere down the line instead of sacrificing a good one.
Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and prayers!

Glad things went well and you were able to make the service. Happy to hear that many from the forum were able to make it and that Shuey got to say some words

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
I'm glad your surgery went well, and I'm glad you made it to the service for Kreis. Take care my friend!

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Sorry to hear of the repair but you can be back hitch hiking before you know it. See you soon I hope!

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Went to the terrorists... I mean therapists today to get the stitches out and the bandages removed. ;-) I now have steri-strips so I have to behave or I could bust open the incisions. But at least now I've got a removable splint but I have to wear it for next month. The worst part is that I have to sit on my rump and do nothing for the next 3-4 days as they were not happy that I had been working out and sweating. Good thing I didn't tell them about going to Kreis's Celebration right out of surgery! :D And now I am edjumicated as they told me that my procedure is called a CMC arthroplasty. Sounds like something you would do to a misbehaving hydraulic press ...
I do really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers sent on my behalf as it does make a big difference in the process!

Top Bottom