Boots boots? what do you wear??

Interesting that different dealers here (even of the same Make) are stocking different boots. For better riding, this time I went for boots right away instead of getting by with regular shoes again. But I just went with what the dealer had out. So far, these ankle style Nitro's are working for me. No long rides yet. Time will tell. And time between fenders is big medicine.:07biker:

Sidi Mega Rains, from newenough.com

The Mega gives you higher instep, a bit more width. They're protected in the right spots. When new, they smell more like vinyl than leather. The faux leather resists scuffing pretty well, and they're pretty easy to put on/take off. Very stylish (italian).

I have used Alt-Berg boots for the past 5 years.

Hand made in North Yorkshire. Superb boots 100% waterproof, after sales service second to none.

They have walking boot soles so are comfortable off the bike too.

All leather (treated and proofed) with gore-tex liners

These are all good boots, but does any one know who makes some them for someone
who has a pretty wide foot?

For serious riding, I have worn the Gaerne GR-S for the past five years. They may be overkill for the street, but I'm big on protection. For around town and shorter trips, I wear the TCX X-square. Really like them...lightweight, but have good toe and ankle protection. Comfortable to walk in, too.

Gaerne GR-S.jpg

Attachments

• xsquare.jpg
    xsquare.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 94
If you ride much, it is good to get waterproof no matter the brand. I prefer motorcycle specific boots just for the kind of shin and ankle protection offered. I know a lot who wear Red Wing 1229s for the thinsulite and waterproofing. Sidi boots are good. Oxtars also. I have Oxtar infinity and Matrix II. Everyone has favorites.

JDP

Well..I started off with Harley boots,red wing , Combat boots,,hi tech,,And back to Red wings..
Water proof is a big +..and somthing you can have on all day..
But most of all ALGATT..:D

Mine are Irish Setter 855 boots from the Redwing Shoe Store - waterproof, kangaroo, thinsulate, zipper up the side, and super comfortable as well as very sturdy. When I wear them to work I often just wear them all day. (I am a math, science, and shop teacher standing on concrete floors all day.)
They were not cheap (around $200), but they are two years old, still look like new, can be passable in slacks and tie (I'm a teacher - not a lawyer or banker), and if they ever wear out I will get another pair.

Also dont pass on looking at a riding boot . Tour Master as in only about$125 and a lot of bang for the buck without a doubt . High reviews on Moto campers site so I tried them . I like them for riding boots .
I use the redwings for everyday stuff but the tourmaster's are great for nothing but bikeing and not bad for walking

TCX Air-Tech (newenough.com) :bow1: for Summer/Fall and El Cheapo Nitros for the Spring and late Fall (very toasty) Both have sportbike style soles so they are really comfortable for walking. I'm not a big fan of heavy lugged soles with a pronounced heel when riding the ST. Just me.I've caught a heel on the footpeg one to many times with almost oops results. JMO

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XCRR72/ref=oss_product"]Xelement Advanced Dual Strap Leather Boots with Vibram Soles

Less than $100 and the best boots that I've ever had. Waterproof, warm, and very comfortable.

I wear SIDI extreme, waterproof(you need that in Scotland) and good support. they are a bit expensive but worth it.

I recently bought a pair of Thor 50/50 boots . They are called that because they are considered half riding boot and half hiking shoe . I like these alot .

Back
Top Bottom