Coolant leak and water pump

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
90% of the clamps tightened. Could not get at a couple. What I could see appeared dry. Radiator re-installed and filled with fresh coolant. Ran up to temp. Now will check it in the morning hoping to see a dry floor. Even if a few drops however will start re installing the plastic. If I decide it need further it will go to the shop.

It has been a great adventure. I no know much more about my bike and how to remove the plastic. We will see if it goes back on easier?
You should be fine. I snugged the OEM clamps at 22,xxx and again at 86,xxx miles. At 114,xxx miles mine remains dry.

Bike
2005 ST1300 ABS
Here are my pics case you haven't seen them yet.
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2205

Not a drop in 2 years since changing the clamps in the V.

Greg
Hi Greg, I'm running a thread now with a leak on my st1300....your pics are very similar to what my bike looks like around the water pump cover.....I would swear it was a pump cover gasket...............looks like you've put Breeze clamps on your hoses....have a buddy who's very good mechanically to help....I have the plastic off, but not the radiator...looks like that'll have to come off....how much effort from there to get at and tighten or replace the clamps....maybe removing more pieces I'm guessing to replace the clamps.....
Mark

Bike
09 ST1300A
It seems clear in thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?47105-ST1300-Getting-to-Throttle-Bodies
that you can "get to" the throttle bodies without removing the tank.
I recently tightened all the hose clamps that I could reach after removing the radiator but there are some smaller hoses below the throttle bodies.
Question - can I tighten them (reach them) using the "ST1300-Getting-to-Throttle-Bodies" procedure above? Or do I need to pull the throttle bodies off?
If throttle bodies removal is necessary can I remove them without removing the tank?
That's enough question for today :)

Top Bottom