George's Spring Trip 2010

I can't help but wonder if George realizes how many folks are following his progress and... perhaps... feeling a bit jealous?

Count me in as an interested party.:bigpop:

George & Danny, I salute you :beer3: I'll be drinking one for each of you that are not here to share it! Ride safe :07biker:

Hey! No more talk of bandits or that sort of thing... Seriously! Bad juju...!!

Wish I was with you my friends. Epic story already, even before you crossed the border. Looking forward to your next email installment, Dan.

Warm Regards, John

Looks like there are about right here... I'm not jealous.. no sir.. not me... In fact, I think I see a shark.

We just cheched into the Fiesta Inn in Coatzacoalcos, Tabasco.
Everyone is showering and getting ready for the pool.
It was not a shark, it was a Delfino (Dolphin).
Pictures are on the way.
All is well...We are much further along, but still behind schedule to meet people in Placencia, Belize.
We made up some time on the Cuota highway system even though it is very expensive.
The last stop was great with nice beach and sand. We were adopted by a family and they wanted us to stay. Their kids loved us too.
....Off to the pool now.

Danny

Pictures are great looks like yuuusss guys are having way too much fun!

Keeping riding safe and enjoy your adventure! Look forward to the next pictures! :D

Randy

I just ran thru Danny's Picasa. The most impressive observation is how clean Terry's floor stayed during the engine R&R process. Either the gentlemen are real professionals or they staged a clean floor before each shot. My hats off to you guys. I am only damn sorry I wasn't there to spectate.

This trip will surely clog the human memory banks with many good thoughts. I am jealous! Jealous of the trip. Jealous of the location. Jealous of the cajones it would take for me to do a trip like this!

I have a huge favor to ask. I'd like a picture of the three of you holding a shot of Tequila. I'll pay you back for the shot. Salut!!!

Thanks for the update guys!! Great pictures and it looks like you guys are having a blast!! :beer3: Enjoy and keep us posted!! Ride safe and we will see you guys soon!! :bigpop: I do have one question George, what are those balls you are carrying on the back of your bike now??????? I saw them in the new pictures and was just wondering!!! :D

:usflag1:

PopJack, there are tres amigos on this trip tho only one SPOT. Danny and Steve are having just as much fun as I, and that's a lot. :D

We've met some cool folks, eaten too much good food, and traveled a few rough roads:
Monday, ~250 miles;
Tuesday, ~250 miles;
Wednesday, 124 (early stop, great time in Tuscul... (see Joe's pic above.)
Today: 330 miles, too much Qota (toll road.)

Now in Coatzacoalcos, Ver, $180 room with good wi-fi, nice pool, etc. First three nights were stealth camping so we were ready for a break.

Only a couple pics tonight, I don't have my Picasa done yet.

Potential flat on my already-plugged rear turned out to be nothing, some trouble with STeve's v-strom (found #1 throttle body out of it's boot!) He's getting only ~40 MPG, not good.

I'm averaging just a little better than Danny, his replaced engine is running fine.

When I get my Picasa done, there will be text.

300+ miles to Belize.

Attachments

• DSCF7260.jpg
    DSCF7260.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF7261.jpg
    DSCF7261.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF7298.jpg
    DSCF7298.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF7326.jpg