I'm Getting Closer....

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
to becoming a BMW owner. Booger pass the Poupon! Here is the one that I'm thinking about:

I'm ready to get off of the pavement some and explore what America has to enjoy off of the beaten path. Besides, I ain't paying for it anyway. That's right boys and girls, this one is free!
Mike

p.s. The ST will be traded in on two dirt bikes for me and my son to enjoy together.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Good lookin' machine! What's it gonna take to make you pull the trigger? I think you are going to need a good long trip to break it in properly in July.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hey, life is short, do what makes you happy and if it doesn't make you happy do something else... rinse and repeat..LOL

Yeah, he'll still do events, he can't hide from us that easily.

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Of course I will still host events (maybe not on Easter weekend). I love this site and have come to know a few of the clowns that contribute well enough to consider them family.

Without getting too much into the free BMW thing, it is certainly real. I started working for a company on January 20, 2012 and earned my BMW Bonus on February 27, 2012 that the company provides. Once I purchace a BMW car or morotcycle, I fax the purchase agreement and receive $600/month for as long as I own the bike or replace it with another.

I don't want to promote this business through this website lest I be banned like John :D, but I do have a link to my website in my signature that has so far been under the radar (hope I didn't spoil it). I certainly do not want to make this thread about my personal occupation but it is a large part of why I am purchasing a BMW motorcycle for sure. My family has been truly blessed by the opportunities that have arrived this year.

I'm not sure it is possible to make a 1200 GS as comfortable as my current ST but what the heck, I travel with John (Grandma) and we stop every five minutes to fiddle-fart around anyway. I will keep you posted when I actually get the bike. Hopefully, it will be by the end of the month.

ps - pm me if you are interested in earning your own free BMW....that's all I'm ever going to say about that.
Mike

Still studying this free thing Mike, wish the slug wasn't part of my coat of arms. Oh yea nice Bike ;)

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Mike,
that reads like one of those emails I get in my Spam folder....;) a deal just too good to be true (??)
I know it does , kieth. Sounded that way to me too. I will show you the check stub and let you ride the bike when I get it. Maybe it will seem more real to myself.
Mike

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Well, I pulled the trigger today. I haven't picked it up yet but I am the proud new owner of:
Now I just gotta find time to pick it up.

John, you don't have to buy a dual sport now :D
See ya on the road,
Mike

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
OH! I am so stinkin' jealous!!! I knew the conservative Ira Joe in you would prevail and you'd end up with the RT instead of the GS. It wreaks of class. Since you're a classy guy, being a professor and all, I think it is most fitting. Now come up and see me when you got no class.

Care to list the options that are on the bike?

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Dinkie,
I don't know about having class...other than attending classes. The RT has the touring package which includes: Electronically adjustable suspension, heated grips, heated seat, chrome exhaust and accessory socket. I almost bought an RT a couple of years ago. I like the idea of having a cruise control for getting out west and those long days on the slab. Can't wait to get her in the garage.
Mike

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Oh yeah, they are throwing in a 49 liter topcase as well so it shouldn't need hardly any modifications.
Mike

Interesting how many current ST1300 owners are swapping for a Beemer. Like me, except I had a brief and misguided stop at FJR land in between. Now happily on a 2011 R1200RT.

Mike, that's a nice looking GS. It would be a shame to get mud all over it! :) The 800GS, now the Seratao model too, are great mid-size bikes that might be worth a test ride. And might be easier to pick up after a bit of horizontal riding. The great thing about the 1200GS is that it is a fine road tourer as well as moderate off-roader. And the list of OE and aftermarket accessories is amazing.

Go for it, dude!

pete

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Sure you can ride it Keith.! Looks like it will be next Saturday before iI will be able to pick it up. It's gonna be a long week.
Mike

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Too cool! I can't wait to ride it. LOL! Many happy miles ahead of you I hope Mike. You and booger need to start a club of brand jumpers. I look forward to seeing the beauty!

Top Bottom