I'm Getting Closer....

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Too cool! I can't wait to ride it. LOL! Many happy miles ahead of you I hope Mike. You and booger need to start a club of brand jumpers. I look forward to seeing the beauty!
We could call it Booger and Bugs Bemmer Club.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Easy there Dinkie. He's just so excited he can't spell. New bikes seem to do that to ya.... :D

Those are nice machines, I took a look in that direction myself.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Hey Mike,

If'n you're stoppin' every 5 minutes to fiddle fart around, you might want to consider getting a cruiser instead. Makes getting on and off the bike constantly a lot easier. :p:

Good luck with the Beemer. You might want to take a look at the F800GS as well.

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I'd like to have a 800 GS someday but right now I'm going to stick with the RT.
Mike

Bike
99 ST1100
That's a good lookin' bike, but you'll have to keep it (mostly) on the pavement!

Don't forget to invite Cobbler Man to join the traitor's er, Beemer's club. He's gotten himself a new RT as well.

As soon as somebody offers me a Free Beemer I'll be saying Buh Bye to the ST as well!

If the 49 liter top box has a final drive in it you'll Really be all set! :rofl1:

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I got it!

Pretty happy with it so far. It takes some getting used to though, especially the motor. The ergonomics are comfortable for the most part. It almost has too much wind protection with a taller windscreen than the ST. Not as smooth or with as much low end grunt as the ST and I shift more to keep the revs above 4k. I love having cruise control!

Certainly, I would have been happy owning my ST for many more miles but this was too good of an offer to pass up.
See ya on the road,
Mike

Tidrick

Keith B. Tidrick
Bike
2007 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
Pretty bike, Mike! (Careful, don't let the ol' lysdexia kick in and put the "M" word before the "b" word there...) :)

Looks like you are already generating some heat on the exhaust tubes judging by the fact they are already discoloring.

Congrats, and ride safe, my friend!

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
MF, you have that "Look" on your face. It's reminiscent of Padden and Booger. I guess this is the last time you'll be associating with us low lifes? You said they threw in the top box, did they put a jar of Grey Poupon in it too?

Really is a looker! I probably wouldn't mind a little more wind protection. I know when I test rode one I was very happy with the lack of helmet buffeting from the windscreen. Salesman said since the minor change in 2010? with the upper wings on the windscreen no one has requested an aftermarket one. I think they got it right.

Well, git'r broke in. I 'spect to see you in fresh condition in Spearfish this year. Sissy's gonna have his hands full following you. You could come up and see me over a weekend. Would be a good trip to make for break in. ;)

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Jeff,
I might just ride up there for visit one weekend. I got the topcase but no mustard :D I have noticed that I get waved at more when overtaking cars on the interstate on the BMW. They must think I'm sombody impotent :rofl1:
Mike

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Pretty bike, Mike! (Careful, don't let the ol' lysdexia kick in and put the "M" word before the "b" word there...) :)

Looks like you are already generating some heat on the exhaust tubes judging by the fact they are already discoloring.

Congrats, and ride safe, my friend!
Keith,
You and Bob need to get back over here again. I might make CampSTOC this year and would love to visit with you two again. Take care.
Mike

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Keith,
You and Bob need to get back over here again. I might make CampSTOC this year and would love to visit with you two again. Take care.
Mike
I'll see you soon!
Nice looking Bike! I'm glad the BMW dealer went under that was five miles away!

NICE! POUPON on the way. Did you get optional flack jacket ? You'll need it here:D. That Booger & Bug deal has a nice ring to it. I bet Jeff just wet his self. He has wood for an RT. Bug I bet Jeff will start sniffing around your bike. He was over at my place Saturday as I & Rick were farkleing up the K13. He was sooo sad looking he left on the ST in the middle of a rain & hail storm. No jacket either,just a tee shirt. Rick had to follow him home just to make sure he didn't do some thing rash.:crackup

Tidrick

Keith B. Tidrick
Bike
2007 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
Keith,
Mike
:)

I just posted a link to this thread in an e-mail to Bob about 15 mins ago!

I tried to nudge him into meeting me in September, but - as usual - plans went awry. Plus, I could only do one big run last year and really wanted to repeat the BRG. Now, your neck'o-the-woods is almost a "meet in the middle" proposition since I relocated to Houston.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
It's hard for me to believe that a man would treat his new Munich Machine this way. Maybe it's an Arkansas thing?

Top Bottom