new BMW K1600 due out soon

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I'm impressed! I first thought, "OMG...they are passing bicycles going uphill???" :D Looks Awesome! Maybe it's the angle the video was shot at but the front tire looks disproportionately small. How about that BMW iDrive on the left handle bar? Shouldn't take a redneck like me more than a couple of months to master that. :D All I can say is, Honda better get out the Q-tips and get the proper prescription glasses for their next build.

RCS

Thanks for the video. Nice looking motorcycles. For me, maybe for a rental but not ownership. Not enough BMW dealers in the US to service the bike if needed. Also, can't imagine it has the reliability of a Honda.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'm impressed! I first thought, "OMG...they are passing bicycles going uphill???" :D Looks Awesome! Maybe it's the angle the video was shot at but the front tire looks disproportionately small. How about that BMW iDrive on the left handle bar? Shouldn't take a redneck like me more than a couple of months to master that. :D All I can say is, Honda better get out the Q-tips and get the proper prescription glasses for their next build.
But... what if it was $25,000... would ya still want it?

Price point is just as important as features... get it too high or with not enough features and you may miss the boat...

I will say that's the best looking BMW Sport Touring bike I've seen in a while... the bags finally look like they belong there.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Is that tipover protection or just bling, straight down from the roundel?

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Interesting set of photos, Spencer. Thanks for the link. Looks like these bikes raise the bar for sport touring and touring bikes. Also looks like the ugly stick was applied in the front-end design, although the overall look is better than many of BMW's recent efforts which have done little for me. What do they have against symmetry? Have to see it in person to know for sure. I thought I was in love with the Ducati 1200 Multistrada until I saw one in person. The GT appears not to be heading our way from what I've read. Does anyone know when the the GT-L is arriving stateside?

STOC #
Bones,
No sir, the photos where provided by a journalist (Michael Bense) who attended the official unveiling at the Intermot show. At 767 lbs she'd be a bit much for me without any tip over protection :D

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Bones,
No sir, the photos where provided by a journalist (Michael Bense) who attended the official unveiling at the Intermot show. At 767 lbs she'd be a bit much for me without any tip over protection :D
I agree, Spence. The right side looks like the motor is the widest point, hate to have that hit the ground under any conditions.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Re: On the horizon

Have not seen a price for the K1600GT either, but -

A 2010 Honda Gold Wing costs over $30,000.- Canadian dollars .....

think about that for awhile .... wow !
That's way more than I will spend :) I would expect the K1600 GT to be priced a small shade more than the K1300GT.

Still in the price range below the Goldwing. As a sport touring bike should be.

Even so, manufacturers are pricing themselves out of consideration of the average guy with that kind of price tag.

One could wait and buy one a couple years old and save huge $$

I still remember what I paid for my 04 and it seems like a bargain, especially since it is in like new condition thanks to careful maintenance and cleaning that borders on obsessive :D

Not to mention that it has been farkled to the point of absolute perfection. :)

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Re: Sure resembles the ST1300!

I dunno, it has a lot of design elements of the first-generation K12GT (which I liked) with BMW's new "slabby" design style.

--Mark

They couldn't resist putting three exhaust outlets on each can. Remember the original Triumph triple with its "ray gun" exhaust?

So 160 HP from a 1600cc 6-cylinder motor? Why bother? I'm sure this will be very nice ride, but owners better budget for the even-more-than-usual BMW maintenance costs.

I'm reserving judgement, though, until I see what they have done with the final drive. Meantime, if I work three jobs, stop paying my taxes, and eat cat food, I could save up enough to consider one...

Yes, I'm a cynic but I really am pulling for BMW on this one. Good sales figures might shake the Japanese manufacturers into action and that will be good for sport-tourers worldwide.

pete

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300

Wow! Nice looking bike..that looks like it started life as an ST.(ST Evolved) They moved the mirrors..and moved the handlebars..rethought the design of the luggage..voila! I'd really like to drive one sometime.. Honestly.. it looks like what I kinda expect the NEXT ST to look like.

I love the gadgets that BMW intergrates.. Ahh..to be rich.:eek::

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #

Given BMW's history and experience building inline 6's, I will bet that you can't hardly feel it running and the exhaust note........!!!!!!
It will be interesting to see what the pricing will be.

Rod

Top Bottom