Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
My cardiologist ran every heart test known to man and a genetic test on me for cholesterol.
Without medicine, it will run 550+, with medicine 235-260.
Turns out it is due to a genetic condition with about a foot long name which means if I ate grass and drank water, I'd still have abnormally high cholesterol.
It's not from what I eat or what I weigh or how much exercise I do, etc. - it is purely genetic.
What makes them a little crazy is that I have no blockages from it anywhere (and they have looked everywhere!).
They've ripped my left leg open twice and both surgeons were amazed that my arteries were completely clear (blockage was blood clots from a aneurysm stent).
I don't fit the 'standard' profile so they are a bit puzzled to say the least. ;)
My primary care physician is fine with it since he has observed it for over twenty years and got it figured out.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
of Mars Candy fame
Doesn't that put a bow on it. Seriously Mars Bar was my all-time favorite candy bar -king of my many favorite candy bars. Long since discontinued its many various on/off iterations were mere shadows of its former self.

Even now Diet Dr. Pepper is a very scarce commodity at my local supermarket. Everyday we lose something that made the world a better place.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Even now Diet Dr. Pepper is a very scarce commodity at my local supermarket. Everyday we lose something that made the world a better place.
I went into my local Publix Grocery yesterday, and they were completely out of plain old saltine crackers.
It seems shortages of staple items are getting more and more frequent.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
139 Mill St

We've passed somewhere there on the way to JD distillery.
Yes, Lynchburg is about 50 miles farther east but you can take 129 to get there from Lynnville - and it is a nice ride!
All kinds of great MC roads in that area also.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I don't fit the 'standard' profile so they are a bit puzzled to say the least. ;)
yeah, I think that's why you always have to question your medical professionals. We're all different, but their treatment tends to follow a more 'standard' model because that's the most likely scenario.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Since I knew today would be the last chance I will get to ride for probably the next six months, I rode to one of my favorite places to eat.
Here's what a real double bacon cheese burger looks like -

A Real Hamburger.jpg

and I had to have a little sweetening to finish it off proper -

A Real Chocolate MilkShake.jpg

This is not the place to be in a hurry as everything is cooked fresh to order.
And as I've said before, their 1/2 lb double is two 1/2 lb patties of hand patted meat specially seasoned.
It's a heart attack on a plate, but you go with a big smile on your face! :biggrin:

(20+) Soda Pop Junction | Facebook
WoW. Very well done sir.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Doesn't that put a bow on it. Seriously Mars Bar was my all-time favorite candy bar -king of my many favorite candy bars. Long since discontinued its many various on/off iterations were mere shadows of its former self.

I've searched for weeks to find Zagnut candy bars for my wife. Dozens of places. Had my brother looking too. He finally found some at Cracker Barrel. I had him buy me a dozen.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I've searched for weeks to find Zagnut candy bars for my wife. Dozens of places. Had my brother looking too. He finally found some at Cracker Barrel. I had him buy me a dozen.
Cracker Barrel FTW! I get my Goldenburg's Peanut Chews there.
1636393742913.png

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Never heard of that one Paul. Will have to see if our local CB has those and give one a try. Im a teal picky eater unnless it comes to candy lol

Top Bottom