Once Again, A Real Hamburger

Bike
ST1100 02 Blue
Hi Uncle Phil
So I'm looking at the pic of your burger and I'm thinking yummy. And then I read that it is two half pounders !!!!. OMG !!! That is one awesome burger there , I am drooling !!! and sososo envious !
Good luck with the surgery . How long after will you be able to practice lifting weights with the new shoulder ? Might I suggest you start with 1lb burger weights ?????

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
And then I read that it is two half pounders !!!!. OMG !!!
o_O
x10!
I.did.not.know.that. Once again I'm in awe of Unc. I'd definitly have to forego breakfast for that meal. Maybe even dinner the night before (as well as after!) Except maybe for a light snack of vanilla ice cream atop a slice of hot apple pie after the walk home.

Fine dining is not for the weak.

JohnConner

Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT
Soda Pop Junction In Lynnville, TN (highway 129 off exit 27 I65 - Don't worry, once you cross the railroad tracks, you'll see it to the right. Lynnville only has one row of buildings - population less than 300. :biggrin: ).
It would be a nice 'day ride' from where you are.
BTW, there just happens to be a Colonel Littleton store next door -

Yes, it would make a nice day ride. 4hrs 4min per Google - one way. I could be there by noon, enjoy a burger, and be home for dinner.

JohnConner
:bluegw: :usflag1:

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
My cardiologist ran every heart test known to man and a genetic test on me for cholesterol.
Without medicine, it will run 550+, with medicine 235-260.
Turns out it is due to a genetic condition with about a foot long name which means if I ate grass and drank water, I'd still have abnormally high cholesterol.
It's not from what I eat or what I weigh or how much exercise I do, etc. - it is purely genetic.
What makes them a little crazy is that I have no blockages from it anywhere (and they have looked everywhere!).
They've ripped my left leg open twice and both surgeons were amazed that my arteries were completely clear (blockage was blood clots from a aneurysm stent).
I don't fit the 'standard' profile so they are a bit puzzled to say the least. ;)
My primary care physician is fine with it since he has observed it for over twenty years and got it figured out.
Yep. My cardiologist has said for years that the dietary cholesterol thing is mostly myth. Most of the cholesterol from an egg, for example, is not transfered into your blood but ends up being flushed down the toilet. The cholesterol in your blood is created by your liver and uses saturated fat as the fuel as in that scrumptious looking burger.

Greg

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Yep. My cardiologist has said for years that the dietary cholesterol thing is mostly myth. Most of the cholesterol from an egg, for example, is not transfered into your blood but ends up being flushed down the toilet. The cholesterol in your blood is created by your liver and uses saturated fat as the fuel as in that scrumptious looking burger.
Yep. I lost my weight and have kept it off by eating low-carb, high-protein.

Your body manufactures its fat, it doesn't absorb it. Pigs, cows, and chickens have fat, but they eat carbs, not proteins.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I had my annual physical yesterday so I reckon I've got 6 months before I have to go back.
I figured 'Why not celebrate at my favorite hamburger place?' and I did -

A Real Hamburger Again.jpg

Got to die of something but at least this something leaves a big smile on your face! :biggrin:
That is their 'double 1/2 pound bacon cheese burger' and yes there is one pound of hamburger meat on it.

Soda Pop Junction.jpg

It's a great ride to get there so that just helps you work up a proper appetite.;)

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Well, I had my annual physical yesterday so I reckon I've got 6 months before I have to go back.
I figured 'Why not celebrate at my favorite hamburger place?' and I did -

A Real Hamburger Again.jpg

Got to die of something but at least this something leaves a big smile on your face! :biggrin:
That is their 'double 1/2 pound bacon cheese burger' and yes there is one pound of hamburger meat on it.

Soda Pop Junction.jpg

It's a great ride to get there so that just helps you work up a proper appetite.;)
o_O did they draw any blood for a Lipid panel by any chance? :thumb:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Come on guys! It's a couple times a year. That won't be a blip on the radar screen over a 6 month period.

There is/was a diner in Texas that has bacon dipped in batter and fried with white gravy for dipping sauce.

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Chocolate covered bacon for desert?
If you are referring to the batter dipped bacon, no.

Fried bacon is dipped in batter. Think fried chicken or fried pork chops or country fired steak. Fried until the batter is done. Then dipped in white/milk/cream/saw mill gravy. Like fries in ketchup. Basically the oil is drained from the skillet the meat was cooked in leaving the parts and pieces from the meat coating. Add some flour and stir it around browning it. Add milk/cream, salt, pepper or any seasoning, stirring until it's all mixed. Get it hot. Usually it thickens as it cools. I'd eat it as an appetizer or a side dish like mash potatoes, corn, green beans, okra or carrots.

In the south, if you can batter and fry it, it's edible. Usually the line is drawn at road kill. :) We're not Cajuns. ;)

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Come on guys! It's a couple times a year. That won't be a blip on the radar screen over a 6 month period.

There is/was a diner in Texas that has bacon dipped in batter and fried with white gravy for dipping sauce.
Evidently you're not familiar with Uncle Phil's eating habits.....he don't exactly appear to be a vegan....:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom