Pulling a trailer with the STeed

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I PMed in answer to yours to me, but will answer here also. I have a Unigo hitch that is a top quality and well engineered hitch. I did a test pull of my Bunkhouse which weighs 400 in camp ready status and it did well. I couldn't see anything but the trailer in my mirrors during this 14 mile test. It pulls my Unigo very well.

Bike
'97 ST1100
Is there a Uni-Go Trailer in the NW?

I'd like to see a Uni-Go and verify that I could put my 2-up camping gear in this trailer. Anyone have a Uni-Go in the north west that would be willing to show it? Thanks in advance. Mike

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Is there a Uni-Go Trailer in the NW?

I'd like to see a Uni-Go and verify that I could put my 2-up camping gear in this trailer. Anyone have a Uni-Go in the north west that would be willing to show it? Thanks in advance. Mike
I could just about guarantee it will.. .can you list all your gear? The trailer looks deceptively small but you can put more in it that you'd think.

Hopefully, looking at these pics will help with judging it's overall size:

YR

Bike
ST1300A
These photos are very inspiring!

Unless it is already in the process, I believe that it is time to develop three-wheels in-line motorcycles, with middle and rear wheel drive, and a smart breaking system on all three (we have the technology …). If the weight is distributed right, and if the suspension is design properly, this could result in a lot of fun. This would not be a motorcycle with a trailer but an integrated motorcycle.

Beyond improved traction and breaking capabilities, another advantage would come from moving all the storage space from the side and top cases to the back one third of the bike, which could result in improved aerodynamics, including decreasing drag and improved stability.

This is as far as the European model goes; the North American model would come with two optional top boxes, two pairs of side cases, an enlarged fuel tank, six coffee mug holders, and a 1 MW audio system, but this is a different story.

Last edited:

Diggers1300

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Trust me, it will carry your two-up camping gear. Virginia and I camp two-up all the time. She has to have a tent she can stand up in (ok ok you guys, i know, she's only 4'10"). Air matress, heater in winter, fan in summer, blow dryer, etc. ... Get the picture?

Edit: And we mostly cook, not much restauranting. Collapsible cooler, pot, pan, etc etc

I have a question about the uni-go trailors. I met a guy who bought one when they were still in Australia and he was pretty unhappy with the workmanship. lid didn't fit correctly, bad finish, he ended up doing a lot of work to the trailer to get it up to snuff. then i met a guy who used to be a dealer and said that he stopped selling them when they came to the US because the quality dropped so much. I'm not knocking the trailor as i think they are an awesome design idea, but i was curious about quality issues.

Bike
'97 ST1100
What I want to put in a Uni-Go Trailer

Wow, thanks for all the feed back. The photos show a larger trailer than I was invisioning. Here's a list of my MUST trailer camping items:
(2) chairs - 7" dia x 29" long (the big one)
(2) sleeping pads - 8" dia x 25" long
(1) tent - 8" dia x 25" long

If some one with a Uni-Go could eye ball this for me, I would be most appreciative.

I am most concerned about the "long" chairs. My partner won't go anywhere without a collapsable chair and these are the smallest, stable, & comfortable model we could find.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
From the Uni-Go Website:

1. 770 mm / 30 inches
2. 580 mm / 23 inches
3. 850 mm / 33? inches
4. 250 mm / 10 inches
5. 450 mm / 17? inches
6. 490 mm / 19? inches
7. 510 mm / 20 inches
8. 450 mm / 17? inches

Looks like the 2 chairs and sleeping bags may just fit diagonally and if you take the tent poles out of the bag the actual tent can occupy other space in the trailer while the poles also sit diagonally. There should still be other space in the trailer for misc smaller items as well.

I don't see you having a problem, there are also other chairs like the Kermit which take up much less room, not cheap but very convenient.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Re: Is there a Uni-Go Trailer in the NW?

I'll be at WeSTOC with mine in August.

STOC #
I have a Bunkhouse camper that I pull with my STeed, so far no issues. I dont know why I do this but I am very easy on the clutch when I start out. But the bike certainly has nary a problem pulling it.

Top Bottom