Pants Quality Motorcycle Pants Waterproof and CE hips and knees for only $30!

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
This thread has become unnecessarily confusing, somewhat due to two Davids responding. So to make it simple, with a 38/34 jeans size for the bike (which is 2 inches extra length for bike use)... what size in these pants?

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
?????
Since when does too snug equate to true to size !
What I mean is that the Cubers are actually 34” whereas I think my 34” Levi’s are not.
This is a picture of the Cuber pants laid on top of a brand new pair of Levi’s 505 size 34 waist. You can see that the Levi’s are a solid inch wider so Levi’s stated 34 are more like 36.
IMG_0470.jpeg

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
This thread has become unnecessarily confusing, somewhat due to two Davids responding. So to make it simple, with a 38/34 jeans size for the bike (which is 2 inches extra length for bike use)... what size in these pants?
Dean, You cannot equate these to a jeans size - that varies somewhat with the manufacturer and the fit. We have slim, relaxed, and fat fits (ok, the last is my invention :rofl1:). I used to wear Cabela's pants until they went to all relaxed fit. Best if you use Cuber's nomenclature and measure it like DavidR8 did in post #20. An added complication is if you want to wear these alone or over your blue jeans.

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Dean, You cannot equate these to a jeans size - that varies somewhat with the manufacturer and the fit. We have slim, relaxed, and fat fits (ok, the last is my invention :rofl1:). I used to wear Cabela's pants until they went to all relaxed fit. Best if you use Cuber's nomenclature and measure it like DavidR8 did in post #20. An added complication is if you want to wear these alone or over your blue jeans.
100% correct. I ordered 34 because that's what size jeans I wear. But I've now discovered that my 34 Levi's are more like 36 in actual measurement. So I plan to either return these, or sell them and order a size 36 which I expect will be a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Still trying to make sense out of these. Regarding waterproofness, is the "REISSA MEMBRANE & MICRO-MESH lining " part of the pants (which lining generally means)... or is it the "Removable Lining" (generally called a liner) that is "waterproof"?

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Still trying to make sense out of these. Regarding waterproofness, is the "REISSA MEMBRANE & MICRO-MESH lining " part of the pants (which lining generally means)... or is it the "Removable Lining" (generally called a liner) that is "waterproof"?
They do not have a removable liner.

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
100% correct. I ordered 34 because that's what size jeans I wear. But I've now discovered that my 34 Levi's are more like 36 in actual measurement. So I plan to either return these, or sell them and order a size 36 which I expect will be a perfect fit.

Well, here's my ongoing cuber saga. Sent back the 34's and they very promptly credited my card. In our emails they were pushing for me to quickly reorder a larger size. I stewed on the decision for a few days watching these posts. Seems I'm in the same boat as DavidR8 and the Levi Strauss company has been lying to me for years. My measured waist is closer to 39" but I have several recent pairs of jeans that fit just right at size 34".
I went ahead and reordered a 38 - two sizes up. Also glad I waited or probably wouldn't have enjoyed the reduced price. If these don't fit I'm either going on slim fast and situps or milk shakes and stout. :wine2:

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Motorcycle riding pants for $20 shipped. :confused1:
Not ever being an 'early adopter'.....I'll sit back and wait for reviews/experiences after 6-8 months. See how zippers and stitching hold up after putting on/off dozens of times. Making cheap good-looking stuff is easy. Stuff that lasts with long term use is harder.....and not cheap.
Fast, good, cheap......pick 2.
If it sounds too good to be true.......
Good luck to those that have already bought.....I hope I'm proven wrong.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Not ever being an 'early adopter'.....I'll sit back and wait for reviews/experiences after 6-8 months. See how zippers and stitching hold up after putting on/off dozens of times. Making cheap good-looking stuff is easy. Stuff that lasts with long term use is harder.....and not cheap.
I too tend to hold off when stuff is too good to be true. BUT. My present mc pant's zipper went south, and the pocket zipper has torn away from the fabric probably because of insufficient melting of the nylon when it was cut. For $30 I'll take my chances and throw them away in 6 months. Meanwhile, I'll be looking for a pair of pants from a quality name company.

Bike
2021 R1250RT
I'll take good & cheap please.

Top Bottom