Pants Quality Motorcycle Pants Waterproof and CE hips and knees for only $30!

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Great thread! :rofl1:
"Asian" Cordura must be the extra special stuff. 20 bucks :biggrin:
I'm buying a pair just to get in the fun game of pants roulette.
Jeff,
Enter the excitement
Why buy one when you can get 3 for $59.97
I stepped up the waist size a notch as I don't want the dingle balls suffering .. :rofl1:
Might need to buy a pair of stupid spenders to boot! :eek1:
CUBER 2023-09-28 201656.jpg

Bike
91 ST1100
I finally found some good quality MC pants at a REALLY good price. $29.99 with FREE shipping. Bought this on eBay and received them yesterday:

Cuber MC pants

I was hesitant to purchase them at this low price point but am very pleased. If you're looking for super-affordable MC pants with CE protection, check out this seller on eBay.
Thanks, I ordered some.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
"Asian" Cordura must be the extra special stuff.
Fun fact.....virtually all the gear is made in Asia. Check the label of high end stuff like Klim. Label says "made in Vietnam".
I expect we will start seeing more and more bike gear coming out of there labelled differently than what they are making for the regular market.
eg. Rhinowalk luggage

I got one of these to try out. For the life of me, I cannot see the $150 + more for the "name' brands.

I have had a pair of the HWK pants for a couple of years and they work as good as pants 2-3X the price.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Fun fact.....virtually all the gear is made in Asia. Check the label of high end stuff like Klim. Label says "made in Vietnam".
I expect we will start seeing more and more bike gear coming out of there labelled differently than what they are making for the regular market.
eg. Rhinowalk luggage
I found it funny because I know Cordura is made in the USA.

So what is "Asian Corudra" then? I assume its not legit but not trying to hide it, or possibly even aware that they should ... could be wrong, of course.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Look at a Klim label. If it has Cordura and Made in Vietnam.......what do you think?
From Klim's own site
1696720972377.png

Tiong Liong is one of the authorized suppliers to weave and supply CORDURA® fabric to the market.

Tiong Liong is a Taiwanese company

I toured the Klim headquarters a couple of years ago. Great place. However, at that time, they said that virtually all manufacturing was off shore.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Rod
Are you saying you call your Klim gear "Asian Klim"? ;)
My Klim gears' labels say "made in Vietnam". I suppose there is Thailand Klim, Indian Klim, China Klim, etc. as well. To save time, and avoid confusion, I guess it all could be called "Asian Klim" but what would that accomplish. Like I said, according to the guy that toured us around the Klim facility in ID, none of their gear is domestically made anymore. According to him, they have good control over the QC at their offshore manufacturers.

I wonder where Aerostitch sources their materials? They still claim it is all "hand made in America" but what does that mean anymore?

Or they just don't care......that's my bet.
Any effort to control it would be as useless as playing Whack-A-Mole.

Cordura is owned my Koch Industries and the manufacture of Cordura has been licensed out to several off shore entities. The "Asian" entities that use the name could very well be legitimate users. Not everything falls under the "stealing our jobs" banner. A lot of is falls under "we hired them to do our jobs" banner.
eg.
1696768679392.png

scootac

Will Ride for Food
......According to him, they have good control over the QC at their offshore manufacturers.......

........The "Asian" entities that use the name could very well be legitimate users.......
I'm sure they think they do. Do they have on-site QC people at all the facilities all the time? Or just from what they see when they have a pre-arranged visit??? A bit hard to just 'pop in' when the plant is 5000 miles away and tight govt restrictions.

2nd part.....Yes, it could all be very legitimate.
Until somebody wants to cut another dime off the cost. Or increase their profit by a dime.

Top Bottom