Pants Quality Motorcycle Pants Waterproof and CE hips and knees for only $30!

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
The listing clearly states "removable lining", hence my question.
I'm trying to get accurate info on these cheap pants George! Very strange thread. Ebay listing as well for that matter.
Strike 1 then. Ad states removable lining.
I could be dead wrong, but I didn't see any liner.

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
Pants arrived yesterday. The size 38 fits! A tad loose after wearing for a few minutes but easy to snug up with the adjusters. Also, plenty of room for my union suit underneath but don't think another pair of pants would fit under. They really do seem to be made well although time will tell on that front. I did find one minor flaw, I think. The back waist zipper that attaches them to a riding jacket will not fit in the sliding receiver (for lack of a better word) part of the zipper on the jacket. The teeth are the right general shape but seem just a tad larger than the jacket teeth. Anyone else find that?

All in all with the return I'm out $39.19 Still seems to be a dealio if they last a couple years.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
I bought a set of these, https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07X6L5ZJ2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details, which seem like a clone of the ones being spoken of here. For shipping reasons I went with Amazon over eBay. Cost me $62.14 in CDN funds. I bought a 42 waist, I wear a 38 in Kirkland Jeans and 40 in dress pants. They just fit. I better not gain any weight. Have not tried out yet, but plan to this week. Like those above the zipper for connecting is the wrong size, but I never attach my Olympia pants either.

Bike
2021 R1250RT
I bought a set of these, https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07X6L5ZJ2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details, which seem like a clone of the ones being spoken of here. For shipping reasons I went with Amazon over eBay. Cost me $62.14 in CDN funds. I bought a 42 waist, I wear a 38 in Kirkland Jeans and 40 in dress pants. They just fit. I better not gain any weight. Have not tried out yet, but plan to this week. Like those above the zipper for connecting is the wrong size, but I never attach my Olympia pants either.
Looks very similar to the ones I also bought from Amazon, mentioned previously.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
These pants are now $20.
I see the first poster said free shipping and the pants were $29, now when you add these $20 pants to your cart, it shows $8 shipping to my place in WA.
Did the vendor lower his price and then add $8 for shipping?
Has anyone paid for shipping or is this a new sales tactic.

Bike
2021 R1250RT
I see the first poster said free shipping and the pants were $29, now when you add these $20 pants to your cart, it shows $8 shipping to my place in WA.
Did the vendor lower his price and then add $8 for shipping?
Has anyone paid for shipping or is this a new sales tactic.
I paid tax, no shipping charge. I now see a shipping charge of $8.10 in the listing.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
So has anyone tried them in the rain? Are they really waterproof?

Bike
2003 ST1300A
So has anyone tried them in the rain? Are they really waterproof?
While I have not tried, the material certainly feels like it would be waterproof. I'll photo all the tags that came with it and post. The gusset at the area where the zipper should be looks like it is intended to be waterproof, as it just folds over to create a little more room before buttoning. I'll get my wife to spray me with the hose to test them tonight and update. The zippered "vents" on the leg have a rubberized cover that may be a weak point for water (it certainly is a weak point for air flow, open and closed).

Overall, price wise, I think they seem to be a good buy at $62 CDN. Time and use will tell.

Last edited:
Bike
2003 ST1300A
And photos of her testing procedure, bet she doesn't just spray the pants :rofl1:
No live shots of the hosing, and it was raining at same time, so no real benefit to shooting me too (and she didn't). She did however spray the pants vigorously for a couple minutes with the "jet" setting on the hose. We focused on the air vent system zippers on the front specfically. I am happy to say that no water came in anywhere on any seam or at the vent closures. As far as I could tell they were waterproof.

About the tags and claims. One says it's made of Cordura (polyester). I did not see a sewn on tag. It may be made of the same materials, but not "copyright" fabric. It certainly kept the rain (and hose out). The CE protection seems to look about right. The tag describing says it is just for motorcycle riders, not for racing. There is no further description of the rating or standards it applies to...so i'm thinking it's better than nothing, but maybe not quite as good as some.

I still think they're a good buy.

Attachments

Top Bottom