Show me pics of your camp sites!!

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Ok I found a few of my campsites pictures. Like several in the STowners group I prefer camping when I travel and 50+% of the time its a dirt back road camp for the night just me and stars. So here we go.

One of the most beautiful lakes I've ever camped at, Kinaskan Lake, British Columbia. Perfect clear water, filled the water bottle right out of the lake.

Dawson City in the Yukon.

A wildlife hunting area in central Missouri on a 27' morning.

OkieStoc Clayton Lake park 2011.

The Hub, Arkansas.

At the edge of a cornfield in central Delaware.

Somewhere near De Leon Tx.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Black Mesa State Park, OK

Bryce Canyon N.P., UT

West of Rollinsville, CO

Grand Portage Marina, MN

Copper Harbor S. P., MI

YooperSTOC, MI

Ridgway, CO

NatSTOC, SD

Mike

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Here's mine right now at Cedar Point Park on Buchanan Lake in TX

Bike
Supere Tenere
Here's our campsite in in Elk City, Idaho while riding the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route last summer. Elk City wouldn't be a town except that there is a gas station and cafe there. After the IDBDR was published last year, motorcycle riders started pouring through the town and now the folks there cater to the riders. This campsite is one of 5 built just for IDBDR folk. The owner sits on his front porch and when you come out of the forest back on to paved road, you go right by his place. He jumps up and invites you to come back for a campsite and hot showers after you gas up. The elevation is about 4,000 feet so it can be cold at night. Our bikes were covered with frost in the morning.

More photos from the trip at: http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/IDBDR

IDBDR info at >> http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/IDBDR

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
This is us last weekend in Long key (Florida Keys)
Just a quick weekend getaway. Great location, but the bugs ate us alive, ugh...

SAM_0357 (Large).jpgSAM_0366 (Large).jpgSAM_0374 (Large).jpgSAM_0377 (Large).jpg

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Post the full-sized image to a photo album connected to your profile, then copy and paste the "BB Code"
Thanks for the reply Keith.
Do you mean an external album like photobucket?
Sorry, Im a little challenged when it comes to this stuff.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks for the reply Keith.
Do you mean an external album like photobucket?
Sorry, Im a little challenged when it comes to this stuff.
When I add a photo from my computer using the "Insert Image" icon along the top tool bar of the quick reply box it does insert a thumbnail in the post. But if you click on that thumbnail you'll get another browser tab or window with a larger image.

Your profile photo album is actually what you get to when you click the "My Gallery" link in that bar where your member name shows up on the left of your post. When you open a single photo there you should be able to find the box that shows the BBcode to paste in your post. When you paste in the BBcode for an image you'll get the large image right in the post.

You may also, or alternately, choose to use an external photo storage service like flickr, smugmugg, or photobucket, etc. (there are many). I have my gallery with many photos on this site as well as a flickr account where I store all my photos of my non-ST bike (seemed the right thing to do since I share those photos on the CTX1300 forum also). Flickr also allows you to share a photo using the BBcode to paste directly in a post and choose just how big the photo shows up in a post. Flickr allows me to store 1 TB of photo files any size for free. I don't take enough pictures to fill that for a very long time.

Here is my campsite at WiSTOC earlier this month... (added using the Insert Image icon... click on image to get a larger image) :)
camping-tent at WiSTOC 2016-2a.jpg

Top Bottom