OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Bob's BMW in Jessup, Md. Has the bike I want. It is the only 1 without key less.
As far as my personal experience I can't help you with Bob's BMW, but I'm with you on getting a bike without keyless ignition. I just spent a week driving my mother's Toyota all over the Northeast. It has keyless ignition and I spent more time confirming that I had the fob on my person or trying to figure out where it was than I ever have with a traditional key.

Can't go wrong with a name like bobs BMW . Hey BobThat 2015blue rt sure looks nice in pictures , prob better in person .
Good write up Scott, if u sell enough RTs they should give u commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Bones now look what you have done. All these guys are falling in love with BMW (well all but one or two). Next thing you know you'll showing everybody the secret BMW handshake & Joe will start giving away Grey Poupon at STOC events.:crackup

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Thanks for the reply, Scott. I was looking for Morton from Fredericksburg, Md. I think?

Key less= My 07 HD rkc had it, key less. Still used the key. If U lost your key U had a special code over 12 digits to ride the bike to dealership.

Scott, what make engine protection bars? Size rear trunk?

Thanks

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Thanks for the reply, Scott. I was looking for Morton from Fredericksburg, Md. I think?Key less= My 07 HD rkc had it, key less. Still used the key. If U lost your key U had a special code over 12 digits to ride the bike to dealership. Scott, what make engine protection bars? Size rear trunk?Thanks
BMW top case holds two full face helmets upright side-by-side. Several companies offer engine bars. I found a barely used set by IlliumWorks...taken off an RT that the original owner returned to BMW. No integrated tip over bars like the ST!

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving
Morton's BMW is in Fredericksburg, VA. I wouldn't do business with Bob if he gave me bikes... he's a snake. The lad is sales mentioned earlier is a gem, energetic, passionate and very knowledgable - we've done some training together. His email is north@mortonsbmw.com

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Scott, Thanks for the info. Looking at the Wunderlich's engine bars.
BMW 2013 49 liter top case.

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Thanks Appalachian, So we here on the ST site have dealer peeking in.
I did PM him. BoB's BMW has some good prices. Snake U say.
The young man I'm working with at Hermy's has not moved off full price. I will travel for a good deal. Heck a break in ride.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bob, when I had my BMW I came to really like dealing with Max Stratton BMW in North Hampton, NH. I only dealt with the parts department over the phone of course, no bike purchases, but when someone is really happy with their boss and their job it shows. This was over a 6 year period and it was always the same nice people. They have 3 or 4 locations in the northeast.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Does it have to be the RT Bob?

Scott's review is a very good one but it's also still a new bike. Many here love their K1600s even though they've had a few issues with them, BMW has stepped up as far as customer support, even more than in the past from what it looks like to me ... from the outside looking in that is.. so only perception.

The FJR is still 3-4 grand cheaper than some prices I've seen on the RT and it has a history of reliability.. add to that the fact that Chuck traded in a 100k+ ST at the TX dealer as still got a good deal, Yamaha is actually dealing... I'd probably be on a Tiger 800XC right now if Triumph had any dealers around here that didn't start at sticker and go up from there...

Just curious that's all, I won't put down anyone's choice of bikes. if the RT is what you want then by all means get it and ride it into the ground like I know you will.

Thanks Appalachian, So we here on the ST site have dealer peeking in.
No, Morton's is actually owned by the Massey family, who I have gotten to know over the years, but am not related to genetically or professionally... I just spend a lot of money there.

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
Well against all warnings I went and test drove a 2015 bmw 1200rt. As I told the sales man I would take quite a bike to unseat me of my 2004 st1300. My St is like an old comfortable shoe that the wife wants you to throw away, but you refuse because it is just so comfy.

The bmw is impressive in its layout, technology and has everything you would want in a sport touring bike.

1. Power, no problem it has plenty. Not as silky smooth as the ST, I found myself shifting more often than I would have on the st1300 to keep the rpms up.

2. Wind control is very good. I found very little turbulence or back pressure in any position. Shield in the low position has a nice smooth blast of air. High position I can still look over with little turbulence.(no need to change the shield.)

3. Seating position is good but I found the seat a far cry from my comfortable Russell seat. (The seat would be the first thing to change. )

4. Price is very high around 23,000.00 fully loaded. I would need a top box, add another 1800.00 with the auto-lock and light 1300.00 without. Other that that no Bmw extra is needed.

5. The built in sound system is great, the dashboard is easily seen, although I think the numbers on the speedometer are a little small.

6. I like the bags with the option to leave them unlocked or locked.

7. This one had the key fob and the pushbutton start. I am not sure I like that, just one more thing to go wrong.

8. Put the st engine in the bmw platform and you would have a dream bike. Honda are you listening?

Still not sure if I would buy the RT, Not that big a jump over the st to warrant the extra cash required until I truly wear out my bike.

Nice review.

I have ridden the new RT myself with the thought of replacing my K16GT with a lighter RT. I have owned 3 RT's, the last being the "cam head", which was the final iteration of the air cooled boxer. As great a bike as the new RT is, I came away from my test ride affirmed that the added sizr and power of the K16GT are better suited for my needs right now.

The new RT is an impressive bike. The added power of the new wet head is noticeable. I would describe it as feeling more lively and to an arguable extent more engaging than the cam head, however, I did not feel any appreciable difference in the amount of "vibration". All that said, the cam head was/is a great engine, and I covered thousands of miles with it and was always impressed.

Congrats on the RT, it is a very impressive bike to say the least.

Top Bottom