Tragic loss of ST rider-Bill Galarneau

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Re: Tragic loss of ST rider

Amazing how the loss of someone you've never met can cut so deeply. Godspeed Bill. My condolences to your family and many friends.

:07biker:

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #

Like Solo, I don't know what to say. I had not met Bill, but I still feel a deep sense of loss. It is those left behind that suffer the pain. May God grant his family and those who knew Bill comfort and peace, and know that others share your grief.

Glenn Patterson

Del

Heartfelt condolences to Bill's family and friends.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #

I had never met Bill either, but obviously he was a respected generous man. My condolences to his family, friends and ST comrades.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #

Sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts are with all of Bill's family and friends.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #

So sorry to hear this. I too never met Bill. Our thoughts and prayers are heading out to his family and friends.

Ride On!

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #

We are saddened by this. Our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Godspeed, Bill

So, so sorry to hear the bad news. Our prayers and condolences to the family.
Very sad for the loss to us all.
Peppard/Giorgio

FireSporT

Team Colorado
Bike
03 ST 1300
STOC #

Praying for Billy and Mary. Even though I never met Bill in person still shedding a tear reading all the posts.

Lord bless you and keep you!

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #

I have been looking at this thread for some time now in shock and not knowing what to write. I had the honor and privilege of getting to ride with Bill and help him tinker with his ST on several occasions. I enjoyed every minute of my time with him and will now treasure those memories. He will definitely be missed. My prayers to his family and all those affected by his passing. Ride on, Bill. I'll see you later. Until then, here's to more miles and smiles.

Thanks for posting these photos Adam.

<D>

OP
OP
Bike
93 Concours

Reprint from Antelope Valley Press, May 11, 2009:

"A 49 year-old Victorville man suffered fatal injuries Saturday night after he was thrown off his motorcycle during a traffic collision with a pickup truck on Pearblossom Highway, sheriff's officials said.
The man, identified as William Galarneau, was transported via ambulance, but was pronounced dead while en route to Antelope Valley Hospital, authorities said.
The collision occurred about 9:30 p.m. on Pearblossom Highway between 52nd and 53rd streets east, when 50 year-old Irene Anguiano, of Palmdale, pulled over onto the southern shoulder of the roadway and initiated a U-turn directly in front of the path of the motorcycle.
Deputies said the vehicles collided broadside in the eastbound No. 1 lane.
Galarneau was traveling eastbound behind Anguiano's 1995 Ford pickup truck, officials said.
After being thrown from his 2007 Honda motorcycle, Galarneau came to rest on the northern shoulder of Pearblossom Highway.
Anguiano and her three occupants did not suffer any injuries.
Pearblossom Highway was closed down between 50th street East and Avenue T for approximately five hours, officials said.
The incident remains under investigation by the Traffic Detail of the Palmdale Sherriff's Station."

It doesn't ease the pain, Bill was a very good technical rider. We all know, unfortunately, how difficult it is to avoid the actions of others.

Hope this helps us understand.

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #

Reprint from Antelope Valley Press, May 11, 2009:

"A 49 year-old Victorville man suffered fatal injuries Saturday night after he was thrown off his motorcycle during a traffic collision with a pickup truck on Pearblossom Highway, sheriff's officials said.
The man, identified as William Galarneau, was transported via ambulance, but was pronounced dead while en route to Antelope Valley Hospital, authorities said.
The collision occurred about 9:30 p.m. on Pearblossom Highway between 52nd and 53rd streets east, when 50 year-old Irene Anguiano, of Palmdale, pulled over onto the southern shoulder of the roadway and initiated a U-turn directly in front of the path of the motorcycle.
Deputies said the vehicles collided broadside in the eastbound No. 1 lane.
Galarneau was traveling eastbound behind Anguiano's 1995 Ford pickup truck, officials said.
After being thrown from his 2007 Honda motorcycle, Galarneau came to rest on the northern shoulder of Pearblossom Highway.
Anguiano and her three occupants did not suffer any injuries.
Pearblossom Highway was closed down between 50th street East and Avenue T for approximately five hours, officials said.
The incident remains under investigation by the Traffic Detail of the Palmdale Sherriff's Station."

It doesn't ease the pain, Bill was a very good technical rider. We all know, unfortunately, how difficult it is to avoid the actions of others.

Hope this helps us understand.
Thanks, zlamemory.

FireSporT

Team Colorado
Bike
03 ST 1300
STOC #

The collision occurred when 50 year-old Irene Anguiano, of Palmdale, pulled over onto the southern shoulder of the roadway and initiated a U-turn directly in front of the path of the motorcycle.
Lord, I hate it when something like this happens.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"

Ooooohh, that's double bad. You think they are pulling over to let you by, then they swing a u-turn in front of you. No possible way to miss that. The driver likely wasn't even looking or thinking. :(

I know I'll be a little more careful in those instances from now on.

Klackey

Kevin
Bike
2005 ST 1300

Thanks for posting the accident report..... Hard to avoid stupid actions of others when done right in front of you like that. So sad, he was a very good man and a joy to be around. He will be missed.

Top Bottom