Tragic loss of ST rider-Bill Galarneau

Bike
1984 V65 Sabre
Re: Tragic loss of ST rider

WOW... What a loss of a great guy. I only meet Bill at this past GruuvySTOC and from what I saw and in speaking to him it was apparent that he was an awesome individual. He was just moving around helping anyone that needed help. He will be truly missed by all.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #

Billy,
I never had the honor of meeting your Dad, but from your posting I can tell that he must have been extremely proud of you. If a man is judged by the life he leads, the people he loves, and the children he leaves behind, then there is just no doubt that he is already looking down upon us. God Bless you and your family during this tragic time. As it has been stated by others, you are all "family" and IF there should be anything we can help you with all you need do is to let us know.

Svl-1300

R.I.P 5/9/2009
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #

Hey guys, I keep on checking the post just to read the nice things everyone has written and I gotta tell you it's very comforting to know my dad has touched so many of your hearts and he will be missed by all of us. Thanx again for all the kind words and your prayers, God bless

Billy Galarneau(Bills son)

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #

Hey guys, I keep on checking the post just to read the nice things everyone has written and I gotta tell you it's very comforting to know my dad has touched so many of your hearts and he will be missed by all of us. Thanx again for all the kind words and your prayers, God bless

Billy Galarneau(Bills son)

Hey, Billy

I know you don't know me but your dad spoke proudly of you often. It's been said before but if you guys need anything, just say so.

Bike
2010 Concours

Nice to see so many tributes and kind words.

Never met but obviously a hell of a great guy. God bless.

A great loss to family and friends and those that had the honour of meeting/knowing him.

Rest in peace

Pp

I'm very saddened to here this. Godspeed Bill, Ride on ST Brother.
Prayers to the family.

Bike
2003 ST1300

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Mary and Billy, my prayers go out to you during this time.

Billy I got to meet your Dad at GruuvySTOC this year and he was so helpful and pleasant to talk to at the event. He took great pride in his beautiful bike. I was parked next to him and I was so impressed with how much attention to detail I saw in his bike. He helped me with my bike without my asking him.

I learned why he got his nickname "Meat Master Bill." Man we were lucky to have him cook for us! I had a great time talking with him.

I also was fortunate to talk with him several times via PM's. He was always so helpful and always took the time to provide detailed replies to me the "new guy."

Bill will be missed but never forgotten.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #

This news really hurts,
I'm sorry not to have met Bill but I feel I have lost a great friend.
Sincere condolences to all Bills family and friends.
RIP Bill.
Paul and Carol
UK

Bike
Honda

one of the best things about coming to work every day was hearing as i turned the corner...

"HEY clint...did you bring your bike today...i brought mine...LETS GO RIIIIIIIDE!!"

or

"HEY clint...go check out my bike i got a new toy for it(GPS,bluetooth,bar risers,stickers,jacket,pants,helmet,etc)...tell me what you think"

or

watching Bill twirling in circles on his swivel chair while training someone...arms extended in front in mock riding position practicing the look-left-push-left-turn-left and look-right-push-right-turn-right...
going "HEY clint...rrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm......rrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm.. ...lets go riiiiiide!"

and...

"HEY clint...how much bench pressing now?...Billy is benching over 350# today...i was watching him at the gym"...he was so very proud of you...

Thank you to all for your prayers and support during this tragic time. My dad loved to ride so I know he was happy. You were all great friends to him and I thank you for that. I know he is in heaven smiling down at us all and we will be together again someday, god bless you all. Billy Galarneau ( Bill's son)

Sad prayers for you and your family Billy

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #

.............watching Bill twirling in circles on his swivel chair while training someone...arms extended in front in mock riding position practicing the look-left-push-left-turn-left and look-right-push-right-turn-right...
going "HEY clint...rrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm......rrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm.. ...lets go riiiiiide!"

:crackup That got me thinking about when I was over helping him install his driving lights. We were cutting on his mirrors to fit the bracket when he walked into the house, did a Tim Allen grunt at his wife, said "We're working with power tools", and left with another grunt. :D

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #

I laughed a little today when I remembered Bill and I riding down to Turbo Toms. Bill, # 1 Wing Man, was in my left mirror and next thing I notice is a CHP cruiser in the lane next to us.

We slowed .... because I ride fast .... and the cruiser went on his way.

I turned to look at Bill .... pointed to my face shield (dark tint) .... pointed to him ... pointed to the cruiser and pointed back to Bill .... and then shrugged my shoulders.

We got to Tom's and Bill immediately apologized for not seeing the cruiser. We laughed about that for a little while.

Later I'll tell you about the time I hit him with a cardboard box .... doing 80.

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #

I laughed a little today when I remembered Bill and I riding down to Turbo Toms. Bill, # 1 Wing Man, was in my left mirror and next thing I notice is a CHP cruiser in the lane next to us.

We slowed .... because I ride fast .... and the cruiser went on his way.

I turned to look at Bill .... pointed to my face shield (dark tint) .... pointed to him ... pointed to the cruiser and pointed back to Bill .... and then shrugged my shoulders.

We got to Tom's and Bill immediately apologized for not seeing the cruiser. We laughed about that for a little while.

Later I'll tell you about the time I hit him with a cardboard box .... doing 80.

:D Oh yeah.....I remember you guys telling me about that......

Bike
2005 ST1300

Wow, I can't believe I am actually reading this. I met Bill for the first time at Gruuuvy's place in September of 2008 during Valv-SToc. He is one of those people that you just know is good people. Always willing to help where he can. I took a few pictures of Bill tending the BBQ during various stages of smoke. The food ended up tasting great and I was impressed as he stood there hoping for a breeze to blow the smoke in the other direction.

My deepest condolences to Mary, Billy and the entire family including the dogs.

I will miss him very much :(

I loved this picture!

A group of bills co-workers are riding to the services on friday. we are leaving Los Angeles Center, 2555 E ave P, Palmddale at 11:00 am from ouside the gate near the sr71. please join us.:03biker::::06biker::07biker::04biker::biker::

661-916-5678

Last edited:
Bike
Honda

Memories of Bill…this has got to be written down somewhere they are too good to lose….

On the I-18 out of Victorville, eastbound toward Palmdale, there is a billboard that a CHP ST1300motorbike officer usually hides behind…for a few years now Bill has been passing by regularly on his way to work giving him the biker wave and getting a nod back from the officer…next time, nod back….next time, another nod with a wave back!…
“hey guess what… that CHP guy finally gave me the biker WAVE back”
“Ha!…alriiiiight…you made a new friend hopefully keep you immune from tickets out there”
“yeah next time I’m gonna SALUTE um…see what he does…ha ha”

On one of our first road trips after Bill got his bike…his first time on the I-15 down to Chaparral…on the way back up north just past the cajon pass there is a long straight stretch of freeway just begging for a biker to bury the speedo needle and get a thrill out of going fast…Bill riding point took off like a rocket…as tail gunner I downshifted and dropped the hammer to try to catch him…by the time I did we were going reeeeeeeeally fast…later we were talking about it and couldn’t stop laughing…
”Whoo hoooo MAN that was FUN!!!!”…
”how fast you think we were going?…I had trouble catching you”….
”I don’t know but I chickened out after I saw the needle pass 80!”

Top Bottom