Transforming IGOFARs ST1300 . . . to Shuey's!

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
As long as the mirrors were off . . . decided on another addition thanks to Wes and Josh_ST.

Decided to add some turn signal amber mini LEDs to help vehicles to my sides know my intentions.
I used the Oznium LED side emitting mirror lights . . . really easy to use and install. They come in a 20" strip.
Thanks to The Dan for his 2014 wiring guidance.
- LED black wire connects to the Green ground wire.
- LED red wire connects to the Orange and Baby Blue wires on the left and right sides.

To connected the wires I using Posi-Locks that allow solid connections with simple twists of the Lock ends.
One advantage is the ability to take them back apart if something needs to be adjusted or changed . . . like if I'd install the side emitting LEDs facing the wrong way on the first mirrors effort? :rolleyes:

Here's the right side wired up.
Turn Signal LEDs wired.jpg

Turn signal off
Turn Signal LEDs off.jpg

Turn signal on -flashing in tandem with the front facing turn signal.
Turn Signal LEDs on.jpg

The most difficult of this upgrade was stripping the really small gauge wires (24 gauge?).

Shuey
Oh the Horror :eek: I can't keep watching this thread :rofl1:

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Was interesting to see that you snapped up Igofar's bike Shuey. Hope you enjoy it.

On those 2nd Gen Side Emitting LED Strips. At 20 inches long, can they be split in half to be able to do both mirrors?

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
On those 2nd Gen Side Emitting LED Strips. At 20 inches long, can they be split in half to be able to do both mirrors?
Yep, there are power/ground wires at both ends of the 20s". I made two cuts giving me two strips of 8" each with wires . . . and trashed the middle 4"s. Very easy.

Shuey

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Yep, there are power/ground wires at both ends of the 20s". I made two cuts giving me two strips of 8" each with wires . . . and trashed the middle 4"s. Very easy.
Great. I don't see them on Amazon, so direct from Oznium I suppose.
Already have the posi-locks in there. And I know what you mean about those itty bitty wires!

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
Rear Shock Protector
I have them on all my bikes.
Anyone run one of these on the darkside? Things are tight back there! It's a great idea, I bet I pulled 10 rocks out of the swingarm/brake line area when I just changed my rear tire. Besides, who doesn't love pulling that wide tire out of the swing arm past the ABS sensor! (For the third time, since I realized I forgot to balance it just as I engaged the splines onto the bike the first time :censored: )

Again, dad would call it "Practice":biggrin:

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
A small project for a rainy day - painting the tips of the mufflers flat black. Larry sent me a picture a bike (not an ST) that had the muffler tips painted and I remembered doing something similar to my 2008 ST. I thought it looked cool, so . . . collected up barbecue grill flat black paint, blue painters tape and some newspaper and, "it's off to the races!"

Stock mufflers - the starting point.
Stock Muffler.jpg

Cleaned up the areas of interest . . .
Right pipe cleaned.jpg

Paid some additional attention to the exhausts . . .
Right pipe very clean.jpg

Initial masking of the areas to be painted. This was the most tedious part of the project with the primary difficulty of masking around the three corners AND retaining the lip unpainted. My solution was to use several overlapping small pieces to achieve each arc. Alternatively (Larry suggested) I could have applied the tape over the lip and into the area to be painted, then used a razor blade to trim out tape in the center where I wanted paint I felt I had more control manually masking off what I didn't want painted.
Right Side Masked.jpg

Initial masking completed. The pipes they are a'blom'in!
Both sides masked.jpg

Fully masked and paint ready, no overspray going anywhere I don't want.
(Note: the right muffler isn't yet painted, just in shadow.)
Paint ready.jpg

Right side finished.
Right Side Finished.jpg

Muffler paint project finished! I like the result . . . you?
Muffler Finished.jpg

Shuey

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Oh my God, is that my Pan European top case sitting on the cement getting scratched? :doh1:
I'm reminded of a guy who finds the girl of his dreams, they get married,... but his new mother-in-law is a witch, and won't leave him alone.

Or a jealous father-in-law who feels her husband will never be "good enough" for his little girl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom