What did you do with your ST1100/ST1300 today?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
That's funny. A 1300 hitch came with the homemade trailer i just recently bought.
That hitch looks identical to the one I bought here in the For Sale section.
Same profile, only this one's chromed and mine's black.
It attaches at the muffler mounting bolts, on both sides.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Paid 5 bucks to have a new valve stem put in the Dark Side rubber, they didn't find any other leaks.
I guesstimated 20 minutes to remove the rear tire... I'm an optimist.
45 minutes was the reality.
It's HOT! and I'm slow.

Reactions: Obo
Bike
2000 ST1100
Haven't rode all week due to the excessive heat we have been having here. So today I went grocery shopping on my motorcycle. You can get a lot in those hard bags.

STOC #
Today I didn't do anything on my ST1100. But I spent a fair amount of time changing fluids in the past week and a half, plus a valve clearance check, new spark plugs and a new back tire, wash and wax to make it shine nice. I test rode it on a 14 mile loop to grind off the mold release agent on the new tire and check to see that all systems were good. They were, so on Friday afternoon I handed the keys to a new owner who took it 200+ miles west to Youngstown, Ohio. I urged him to sign up here as he might be looking for a mechanic eventually and none of the local shops want to work on older bikes. In my opinion, any Honda dealer that won't work on a Honda should lose their franchise.
BTW, does anybody here have any advice for dealing with ST withdrawal symptoms? I will miss that bike like none of the other 16 or so Honda models I have owned before.
I decided after reading enough "Face Plant" stories on ADV Rider, and elsewhere that 75 years of age and 59 years on two wheels was about enough. As Clint Eastwood said in "Dirty Harry, "A man's got to know his limitations." July 3rd, 1964 to August 25th, 2023 equals 21,603 days. I would have to guess around 300,000 miles. That is all men, Farkel on.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Remember, you don't quit riding because you get old -- you get old when you quit riding.
I'm well familiar with Clint's wisdom, but then there's Toby Keith, whose song I heard played just a few minutes before now...
I ain't as good as I once was... and you know the rest.
Age may be gathering on me and around me, but I'm still enough of a cantankerous a$$ to flip it off, tell it where to go, and pretend I can still make my body do what I want.
Although I'll admit, a good nap is often on my mind.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Remember, you don't quit riding because you get old -- you get old when you quit riding.
I'm well familiar with Clint's wisdom, but then there's Toby Keith, whose song I heard played just a few minutes before now...
Age may be gathering on me and around me, but I'm still enough of a cantankerous a$$ to flip it off, tell it where to go, and pretend I can still make my body do what I want.
Amen!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Tire is back on. Have to quit now and get cleaned up for No Yoko.
Still have to install stop bolt, torque it and the axle, reinstall trailer hitch and mufflers, and rear fender.
Hard part is done.
Still hot here, and I'm STILL lovin' it.
But I do need a shower.

STOC #
I did not say I was out of motorcycles, just STs.

Bike
1996 ST1100
Today I took a ride up to Delphi Indiana for the 10th annual Indiana Bacon Festival. Good food, good bands, good ride.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I finally got the 1300 back together after brake and clutch bleeding, along with a grounding fix before it happened. Also added a 12 circuit fuse block on the tail. Then went for a short ride.

But the biggest news is my fat assed overly large canine companion has learned to jump into the sidecar at the mention of the word, “Ride?” That saves me lifting his 97 lbs into the hack.

John

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Yeah, when my dog weighs 2/3 what I weigh, he's gonna have to get himself into the conveyance under his own power, if he's going to come with.

Top Bottom