Engine cut at 5500-6000 RPM, need help !

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I tried and I put the original exhaust...but it seems that the problem persists....:)
What did you do with the O2 sensors when it had after-market exhaust on it? Are they now installed on the original exhaust? Someone who knows more about the ST emission controls than I do may want to chime in here, but seems to me that removing or by-passing the O2 sensors might cause the problems you're having.

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
O2 sensors are in place, with the original and aftermarket exhaust same problem...

Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Just curious, but did it run OK above the problem rpm range?
I agree to ask this question as the bike might run ok at higher RPM..?
I'm doubtful of the fuel pump but recently replaced mine on my No3 ST as she has over 50,000miles on and the pump started to act up. (Especially in the heat of the day ?27degrees C...
I bought the identical pump form a car parts dealer, fitted it myself, and instead of costing me R5800 or so, it cost me R280 only, so its worth it in any case if your bike has high milage.
And the fuel pump can really mess you around.

Attachments

Bike
09 ST1300
Sure sounds like a pulse generator flaking out at higher rpm's. Can you find someone with a labscope to capture the signal waveform at that rpm? Would be a lot better to test and be confident that this is the culprit before spending $$$ for possibly uneeded parts.

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I read the code in video as 1-2-8-9.

I will look it up this evening in the service manual and report what it indicates.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have this bike for 7 months, and I took her up on the red line...something happened recently, but I do not know why....its posibile my ECU failure ?
Was thinking you might want to try disconnecting your battery to try to reset they ECM. Not sure if it would do anything, but it might be worth a try.

pdfruth

P.D.Fruth
Based on the video, I see four separate stored codes; 1, 2, 8, and 9.
Not sure if the Euro spec bikes' codes are the same as US spec bikes.
For US spec bikes;
1 & 2 are MAP sensor related.
8 is Throttle Position sensor.
9 is Intake Air Temp sensor.

Question: You said that you replaced the fuel pump, right? When you did that, did you disconnect anything (like the IAT sensor, MAP sensor, or TP sensor, or any main wire harness and/or sub-harness connector upstream of those sensors), and did you happen to switch on the ignition switch at any time while those sensors were disconnected? If so, that would explain why those stored codes are now present.
If that is the case, then you should first clear any stored codes, reproduce your problem, and then re-check for stored codes.

Last edited:

pdfruth

P.D.Fruth
Was thinking you might want to try disconnecting your battery to try to reset they ECM. Not sure if it would do anything, but it might be worth a try.
Disconnecting the battery does not reset the ECM and/or clear stored codes. Once the ECM stores a fault code, it is stored until you perform the procedure to clear the codes. Stored codes remain, even if battery power is removed and later restored.

Last edited:
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
wire coating is burned near the sensor but the wire same is OK
A burnt wire is a sign of excessive heat, even if the wire itself seems fine, something caused the burned insulation... would check that out further... maybe change the sensor.

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
@pdfruththanks for the quick response, I checked again under the air filter box...blue and gray connectors are in place BLUE-TPsensor, Grey-Map sensor....May you please give me an answer....I found these pictures on google Middle Wire Harness and THROTTLE BODY WITH INJECTORS and as you can see I have 2 blue conectors ....please tell me if these two connectors are the same and what are....one is to TPS and other ???? the second blue connector not see on my bike... ..it is possible that these two blue connectors to be confused?

Attachments

Last edited:

pdfruth

P.D.Fruth
... as you can see I have 2 blue conectors ....please tell me if these two connectors are the same and what are....one is to TPS and other ???? the second blue connector not see on my bike... ..it is possible that these two blue connectors to be confused?
Those two blue connectors can not be interchanged/confused.
One of them is for the Throttle Position sensor (a 3 pin connector)
The other is for the EVAP purge control solenoid (a 2 pin connector)

You didn't answer my question above.... :popcorn
Depending on how you answer, it's possible you've [perhaps unintentionally] caused all those FI codes by turning on the ignition switch whilst connectors were unplugged. What say you? We may be chasing a red herring here, yes?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
Before fuel pump....the trottle body was removed...I had an antifreeze leak and I replace thermostat house gasket and all clamps which was very old rusty. I started the engine but only after we assembled....and then when I discovered the problem at some time after, I checked all the connectors and cleaned again.... :( Now the engine began to cut and at 2000 rpm....I hardly went to a nearest service....expect an answer from mechanics there

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
ok for some time I'm with my motorcycle in the official Honda service maybe 2-3 weeks, I am writing again because I have some news....engine jumped from point(I hope I said right) need be changed both cam chains, all 4 sprockets, crankshaft sprocket, both tensioner, all cam chaine guide....In conclusion all parts of the distribution( again I hope I said right) *** ??? :confused: I have this bike for 9 months and I ride 18,000km , bike has 46,000km on the clock..Oil and filter changed every 6000 km.....this is normal wear parts?or not real 46000 km ?I bought the bike used at 28000 km ....

Attachments

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
arrived almost all parts.....not arrived cam chain tensioner.....old chain is longer with a link to the OEM chain ...How many km / miles do you think have this engine?or what it could produce wear parts?

Top Bottom